If you've ALREADY taken a world cruise, i'm looking for cabin advice

WestchesterCruiseFan

I'm anxiously waiting for Cunard to announce the 2009 World Cruises, and, will book the minute they open up. I'm taking this full world cruise as a retirement present to myself. After 45 years as a teacher, I now want to see the world. I am single but, will be traveling with a companion who will be booking her own cabin.

To date, the longest cruise I've ever taken is 14 nights on a Princess ship in Europe. As most of you know, a world cruise averages between 90 - 100+ nights and, I'm wondering if a balcony cabin will still serve me well or if I really should consider upgrading to a Princess Grill mini-suite.

I have more than enough $$ saved up to take advantage of the upgrade to a mini-suite, but, what I'd like to know is...other than the oblivious of a slightly larger cabin (based on QM2 and QV staterooms) and Princess Grill dining, is there a reason I am overlooking to upgrade to a mini-suite or will my standard balcony cabin do me for such a long journey.

What are your opinions? I'd love to know!

I'm anxiously waiting for Cunard to announce the 2009 World Cruises, and, will book the minute they open up. I'm taking this full world cruise as a retirement present to myself. After 45 years as a teacher, I now want to see the world. I am single but, will be traveling with a companion who will be booking her own cabin.

To date, the longest cruise I've ever taken is 14 nights on a Princess ship in Europe. As most of you know, a world cruise averages between 90 - 100+ nights and, I'm wondering if a balcony cabin will still serve me well or if I really should consider upgrading to a Princess Grill mini-suite.

I have more than enough $$ saved up to take advantage of the upgrade to a mini-suite, but, what I'd like to know is...other than the oblivious of a slightly larger cabin (based on QM2 and QV staterooms) and Princess Grill dining, is there a reason I am overlooking to upgrade to a mini-suite or will my standard balcony cabin do me for such a long journey.

What are your opinions? I'd love to know!

I recently completed the full 108 NY-NY QE2 2007 world cruise which was wonderful. I traveled solo and had a large outside single (CA). I, too, celebrated my 32 years in public education with the cruise. I cannot advise you in terms of QV or QM2. I find QM2 impersonal and disorganized in comparison with QE2. QV is, of course, a craps shoot as a new ship. Follow the dream.

Bobby

What a wonderful dilemma to have! You will have such a great time planning it all and the anticipation will be terrific. I cant offer any advice re QM2 but wish you the very best as you cruise off into retirement in style! Have a wonderful time. You deserve it.

Bobby I'd be interested to know which cabin you had. I'm booked on the world cruise in 2008 and have a guaranteed CA but no cabin number yet. I know a couple of them are much smaller than the others which worries me slightly as the only reason I booked a CA was to get more room!

Veronica

Archived