Booking a snorkel tour on the island (not ship) St. Thomas?

Ocruise

We were on the Triumph in June and stopped in St Thomas. We booked ourselves on one of the very best shore excursions ever. I've been meaning to write a post, so your post gives me the chance. We booked with http://www.interlinesail.com .

I had seen postings on different boards, so knew they had a good reputation, but was really pleased with the quick response I got from them when I sent an email. I asked lots of quesitons, which First Mate, Jan, did not seem to mind. The full day sail from St Thomas to St John cost $99 if you pay cash. Took us less than 1/2 hour to get off the ship and grab a taxi to the East End of the island, to a place called Red Hook. The Captain met us and 4 others ( they take a max of 6 people) and took us out to the boat. The weather was perfect, and the boat had plenty of shade and plenty of room to sun as well.

First stop was at Honeymoon Beach on St John, which is too beautiful for words. Snorkling was great, and we loved that beach. After lunch aboard, which was Chicken Salad sandwiches with fruit, we made another snorkel stop at a small cove. This cove was even better than the first one. The day was too short, since we had asked to be back by 3:00 P.M. so we could go shopping before getting back on the cruise ship. I'm sure any day sail on this beautiful island would be a great one, but I do recommend this company for a First Class day.

solesister-

loved hearing about your excursion. I have a quick question...how far is it from the ship dock to shopping? Do you take a taxi? Is it far? We're really interested in your excursion, but since it's our first time to the island we definately want to check out the shopping. Any advise would be great.

Thanks

The town shopping district was only 1/2- 3/4 mile or so from the cruise ship dock- lots of folks walked to town/shopping via concrete walkway along the waterfront. It's a long walk in the hot sun; I'd opt for a taxi. We found the shops right on the cruise dock were basically the same prices, but the larger stores in town have a bigger selection- if you want cameras, electronics, fine china, jewelry, etc. For souvenirs and T-shirts, you can buy those on the dock or anywhere on the island. Taxis were roaming the whole island offering to take you back to your ship- think someone told me it was $3 from the town/shopping district back to the ship. I'm not much of a shopper- I just got souvenirs and small items, things I could carry/pack easily. Someone else may be able to give you more advice on shopping. I just love the sun and water, and for that, St Thomas was a great port and we loved our day on and in the water.

I agree, Coki Beach. I was there last week. amazing snrokling off the beach.Equipment rentals 15 feet from the water, Coral world was relly nice. My children really enjoyed it. With your admission to Coral World you have use of their showers and changing rooms. This makes your return to the ship or into town a bit more comfortable. Enjoy!!!!

• 1 month later...

JKD, yes you can, but not on Coki itself. Coki Point is a penisula; on one side is Coki Beach, on the point itself is Coral World and on the other side, opposite Coki is rocky coast with some sand - there is a Jet Ski vendor there.

--Islander

Thank you Islander!! I have heard several different stories about Sapphire Beach. Some say no jet ski or only a few and some have said they have lots to rent. Do you know which of these are true? We have several families going with teenage kids and wanted a beach, some snorkeling and jet skiis all in one place if possible.

JKD,

Sapphire has jet skis... they are not on the beach (perhaps why some have told you no). They are at the marina, which is a very short walk from the beach. I jet skied there years ago and they had like 8-10... not sure what they have now. Will give them a ring tommorrow and ask.

--Islander

http://www.*****

Archived