Internet Rates???

Balieyes

We're sailing on the Liberty next week and due to a serious illness in my family, I need to be in touch.

Can anyone tell me the internet rates? I'm interested both by the minute on the ships computers and wifi on my own device rates.

Thank you!

Does not matter if yu use the ships computers or your own. Your internet connection will require a sign on through the ships system there is a 3.50 one time fee and then either 75 cents a minute or a pkg can be bought based on a total amount of minutes

$55.00 and 3.95 start up fee for 100 minutes

$100.00 and 3.95 start up fee for 250 minutes

.75 per minute and a 3.95 start up fee with out the package plans

Makes sure you log in on day 1 so you can get 10 free minutes, there is also a raffle for 250 free minutes in the Internet Cafe.

Fred

I've used the internet service before and all the kids want on to check with the homeland and friends. However, I find this a complete rip off

250 minutes for $100 - what do you pay a month for internet service and email - think about it, we all have laptops as they've become so common (alright, maybe not everyone but). I can understand a fair charge for the service or the use of the equipment, but Carnival give it up as a perk or minimize the cost - this is robbery!!!!

I've used the internet service before and all the kids want on to check with the homeland and friends. However, I find this a complete rip off

250 minutes for $100 - what do you pay a month for internet service and email - think about it, we all have laptops as they've become so common (alright, maybe not everyone but). I can understand a fair charge for the service or the use of the equipment, but Carnival give it up as a perk or minimize the cost - this is robbery!!!!

Give it up !

It is not necessary. If you choose to use it, pay for it.

You can also check with your cell phone provider and see if you can use your phone on the cruise. I know with ATT/Cingular you can add international roaming to your contract as long as your phone will work in that country. Mexico for example is .99 or .59 depending on roam package. And I noticed that with the roam package the phones will work on Carnival ships as well. $2.45 a minute is pretty steep but if you only need a couple of minutes to talk once a day it might be a cheaper route to do than an internet package. Then after the cruise cancel international roaming.

If you are on ATT/Cingular here is the international roaming link.

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/roaming/international-roaming.jsp

You can check your phone to see if it will work on each leg of your itinerary, it will also show roaming rates, and you can get the number to call to add roaming.

Also, just add international roaming, not international long distance. from what I read int LD is just so you can call from the US to another country.

We're sailing on the Liberty next week and due to a serious illness in my family, I need to be in touch.

Can anyone tell me the internet rates? I'm interested both by the minute on the ships computers and wifi on my own device rates.

Thank you!

Do you have a cell phone with an international plan. All Carnival ships have wireless capability and most have plans with each of the carriers. I know that I just got a new G3 phone from AT&T with a $5.99 international plan (because I do plan more trips to Europe) and my ship board minutes would be $1.60. It does require a special chip but you should be able to go into your service provider store and get your phone enabled.

• 2 weeks later...
Give it up !

It is not necessary. If you choose to use it, pay for it.

Give what up....it is a complete outrageous orice that is a perk if I chose to pay for it....my option...my call, not yours, but I do have a right to complain about the rate and the slow speeds to boot (jk).....

The cruise line could make this more pleasing, I choose not to use it, but sense people wonder how we are on land we updated them last cruise using the internet for the first time ever on our many cruires.....

felt it a complete overcharge - it is not necessary to cruise either - so stick it in your ear

Also, the minute rates are if you use the Internet Cafe or take you Wi-Fi compatible laptop to the Internet Cafe. To use the service in you cabin, you will need to rent a special cable from them that will allow you to use the connection in your cabin. I believe that charge $10/day to rent the cable.

Also, the minute rates are if you use the Internet Cafe or take you Wi-Fi compatible laptop to the Internet Cafe. To use the service in you cabin, you will need to rent a special cable from them that will allow you to use the connection in your cabin. I believe that charge $10/day to rent the cable.

Actually, if your laptop does not have wireless built in, then you will need to rent a wireless card (not a cable) to use. You are correct that the rate is $10/day. However, if you plan to take your laptop and it doesn't already have wirelss, you can buy a wireless card prior to departure for probably less than you will spend to rent one, as little as $40. Most laptops sold last couple of years have wireless built in.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/On_Board_Internet_Cafes.aspx

Guests may bring their own personal laptop for use on board by using our Wireless Internet Service. Please note that the internet pricing options are identical, whether an Internet Café terminal is utilized, or a laptop. If the laptop is not equipped with a Wireless Internet Card, guests can rent one from the Internet Café. Please see below for more information. The Wireless Internet Service is compatible with a Wireless 802.11b card, which is the industry standard.

To access the Wireless Internet Service, the guest’s laptop must be in relative close proximity to a Wireless Access Point. The specific locations of access points vary from ship to ship. A complete list of these locations can be obtained from the Internet Café.

To rent a Wireless Radio Card for a guest's personal laptop, the rate is $10.00 per day; Optional insurance is $3.00 per day.

Actually, if your laptop does not have wireless built in, then you will need to rent a wireless card (not a cable) to use. You are correct that the rate is $10/day. However, if you plan to take your laptop and it doesn't already have wirelss, you can buy a wireless card prior to departure for probably less than you will spend to rent one, as little as $40. Most laptops sold last couple of years have wireless built in.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/On_Board_Internet_Cafes.aspx

Last week on the Destiny, we found that many of the cabins did not get a decent wireless signal and we had to rent a wired connector to use in the cabin. As the notes say, you have to be near a WiFi hotspot and many of the cabins are not.

Archived