Newbie question about balconies

kirindy

Can you go out on your balcony in your room whenever you want? I read somewhere on a review that they could only go out when the boat was docked...but that may have been because of bad weather.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if it's a dumb question!

Enjoy your balcony at any time! I loved being on the Sun and taking a cup of coffee out in the morning, or relaxing in the evening and listening to the waves.

Hopefully your fellow passengers will be considerate and enjoy their balconies quietly. When we were on Carnival, the family next door had their kids out on the balcony every night, and there was a lot of "Don't throw that overboard!" and "What are you doing! Don't climb on the rail!" Not as relaxing as our NCL experience. :D

Can you go out on your balcony in your room whenever you want? I read somewhere on a review that they could only go out when the boat was docked...but that may have been because of bad weather.

Some reviews of the forward AC cat suites on the Jewel class ships have mentioned the wind conditions on the forward facing balconies while the ship was underway as being too much for them to use the balconey. However, we used it while underway with no problems, wind wasn't that bad.

we treated ourselves to a balcony for alaska. so glad we did!!

got wind burn from being out there so much. kept the door open at night for the cold/fresh air. but we were a side balcony, didn't get the wind the forward ones do.

Use your balcony whenever you like.

And, if you are inside, leave your balcony door open:)

I am cracking up over here about the honeymoon balcony. Dh and I will be on board for a belated honeymoon/early 1st anniversary trip (married, 2nd time for both of us, in December 06). He suggested making good use out of the balcony, but I told him he was crazy. I may have to rethink this;) !

You are going to LOVE having a blacony. I had one once before and the room seemed so much bigger. For Hawaii I think it will be worth it. Otherwise I just save my money for other things.

Yay, I am so excited about a balcony!!! I just can't wait to sit out there, sipping a cocktail, watching the Napali Coast/Lava sail by! I know we are going to need the relaxation on this trip after all the wedding planning! :eek:

Archived