question about coffee on the Dawn

iamnewtocruising

We are sailing on the Dawn on June 20. I have heard that the coffee on board is really bad. My Hubby and I really need a good cup of coffee in the morning, should we bring our own coffee pot and coffee grounds to make? Someone mentioned something about a coffee card. What exactly is that? How much does it cost, and is it for good coffee?

Thanks,:)

If you purchase a coffee card, then you are able to get brewed coffee from the bars. Sometimes they punch the card, sometimes not.

We were on the Dawn in April and I have to agree, taking your own coffee along is the best idea. Princess just doesn't seem to get the hint that there coffee in the DR, HC and coffee stations is absolutely terrible. We always take our own with us, and a safety pot to brew it in. IMHO of coarse.

"Good coffee" is an elusive thing. What one considers good the next person may think is horrible. We have not been on the Dawn, we are booked for October, so I cannot speak specifically of the coffee on this ship. We have sailed other Princess ships and had seen all the comments on how bad the coffee was. We were pleasantly surprised with the coffee. While it may not have been ideal to our preferred taste, it certainly was not all that bad. It is like going to different restaurants, there are always going to be different levels of satisfaction with the coffee, or the food for that matter. Take the coffee with you that comes in the 'tea bag' style if you must but I would suggest just packing less and enjoy your cruise.:)

Toto.. If you buy the card, they will not punch the card for regular brewed coffee. You can have as many as you want

so the only way to get brewed coffee is with the card? the other stuff is from syrup? do you know how much the card is, and where exactly do you use this card, i am assuming not in room service or the dining room?

Arlana, we are debating this too... should we bring a coffee press, or buy the coffee card, or is the syrup coffee ok? I am not picky about coffee, but my DH is!

Does anyone know the current price for a coffee card (for a 10-day cruise)?

Archived