Any Info or Pics ~ Golden Princess Cabin C304, BA Category?

Eytbol8

Hello All,

Has anyone stayed in wheelchair accessible Cabin C304 (BA Category) on the Golden Princess? Any insider info and/or pictures would be much appreciated.

Thanks ;) !

Hi,

I stayed in that cabin on the Star, a twin to the Golden. It was a lovely cabin with plenty of room for my scooter, pull down bars for hanging in the closet, a large bathroom with flat floor. Shower is roll in with a drain around three sides. There are bars on two sides and the toilet is next to the shower. The toilet is higher than a standard one and has bars in back and next to it. The sink can be rolled under, but has very little real storage. We had to carry our stuff in and out. The floor does get wet. There is a fold down seat in the shower. That cabin had a very large, partially covered balcony. There were ramps in and out of the balcony. I can walk a little, so had them removed, as I would rather walk out, but I think they were do-able for a chair. There was a call button in the bathroom. The door to the cabin was wide, but not automatic, and while the cabin was very near the elevator lobby, there was sometimes a steward's cart parked right across. I could get in and out by myself, but a door holder was easier.

Have a great cruise! Depending on when you are going, I may be able to dig up a couple of pictures, but not for a couple of weeks as we are presently travelling and return home to houseguests.

Hi DesrtDrmr,

Thank you for your reply. We are not going until October, so I would love to see some pictures you might have - whenever you get a chance - no rush. I appreciate your detailed info. It gives me a better picture in my head.

Another quick question, I understand the toilets are a little raised, but is the actual toilet a regular/standard toilet size, or the smaller toilets? The reason I ask is because my husband requires a padded toilet seat. He has his own that we usually bring with us to hotels, but it does not fit on the smaller toilets. I don't want to bring it if I know it won't fit. (Sorry to have gotten so personal :o ).

Thanks again for you reply. Safe travels to you and enjoy your houseguests when you return.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

I have searched and searched, and cannot find the disc, and am afraid I have pictures on a floppy which my computer can no longer play. I did find a few pictures on http://www.webshots.com using Grand Princess Handicapped in the search box.........here's one:

http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/42/43/5/97/17/2222597170093419345gnohEe_th.jpg

and another, from the Star:

http://family.webshots.com/photo/1064283476039059635lLIhmA?vhost=family

And here are some pictures from the newer Crown Princess of a handicapped mini suite. The handicapped bathroom is about the same on all of the ships that I've been on, as are the ramps onto the balcony......

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2860360220048107033dosgJQ?vhost=family

I do hope these help, and I'm sorry I could not post my pictures, although these are just as good or better.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Archived