Miami eateries

tishie58

We are staying in Miami pre and post cruise. We would like a good restaurant to eat in to celebrate an anniversary. My kids wanted to eat at Emerils' but reviews aren't so good , others told us Joes Stone Crab. We would like something with good food and a "Miami feel" . Can anyone offer suggestions??

We are staying in Miami pre and post cruise. We would like a good restaurant to eat in to celebrate an anniversary. My kids wanted to eat at Emerils' but reviews aren't so good , others told us Joes Stone Crab. We would like something with good food and a "Miami feel" . Can anyone offer suggestions??

When you say Miami Feel what exactly are you looking for? A trendy environment, Cuban cuisine, etc? You can go to Lincoln Road Mall for many different types of cuisine with a very trendy "feel" to it. You can check out Lario's for Cuban cuisine right on ocean Drive. With kids however there is a limit to how trendy of a place you can go and they will actually enjoy it. Would you want to stay in the MIami Beach area or venture to another area of Miami?

Ok lets clarify .."kids are 21 and 24" lol....We are from Ny so any and all restaurants would be considered. We are staying in Coconut Grove so I don't want a $50 taxi ride but would like choices. There are ten of us from 21-80, so we need choices:) thanks for any and all help:)

If you are staying in the Grove and want a true Miami feel, consider the Redfish Grill. It is a real Miami place. There may be visitors but it will be mostly locals.

It is on the shore of Biscayne Bay in Matheson Hammock. You can look back across the bay and see the grove, downtown Miami and Miami Beach.

It is in an old coral rock building that used to be the refreshment stand when there was a public beach there. Now the beach is closed and there is a park and marina.

It would be a 10-15 minute cab ride from the grove.

In the winter we sit outside under tall coconut palms strung up with little white lights. In the summer we sit inside in the AC. You may not be bothered by the heat, outside is really beautiful.

Make reservations for a party that large.

Ok lets clarify .."kids are 21 and 24" lol....We are from Ny so any and all restaurants would be considered. We are staying in Coconut Grove so I don't want a $50 taxi ride but would like choices. There are ten of us from 21-80, so we need choices:) thanks for any and all help:)

Since you are staying in the Grove a great place for your entire group to eat would be Montys Raw Bar, located right on the bay. Usually with live music, good seafood and drinks. YOu can choose to sit in the outside area or go inside. Another favorite place of mine and mostly locals know about this place is Scotty's landing located just down the street also on the bay, behind the Coocnut Grove marina. They are strictly outside and have live music as well with a relaxed envirnoment. The Smoked fish dip is spectacular. If you would like more upscale dining, The Chart house is right next door and the food is GREAT. With great views of the bay and Miami Beach. If you are willing to venture off to Miami beach I suggest heading over to Prime 112 for good steaks. Some of my personal favorites resturants are China Grill for Asian Fusion and Shoji Sushi for great sushi. These are more trendy restaurants and reservations are reccomended.

Hope this helps!!

Scotty's is very nice. You can walk there from most Grove hotels. It is a very nice relaxed low key waterfront atmosphere. Highly recommended.

I am not as big a fan as others about Monty's in the Grove or Monty's on the beach. Lots of people love it. I'm not one of them.

Archived