cave tubing footwear

RJA67

How attached to your Crocs are you? I would think you are better off with water shoes or water-proof sandals. If you were to take a hike in the woods, would you wear your Crocs?

Your bottom is in the tube and your feet are dangling in the water. Your feet may bump the wall or another person.

I have to agree that crocs might not be the best for these excursions. You have a 30-40 minute walk before tubing, and your shoes will get completely wet. For the ziplines you may have to climb some ladders/steps and negotiate some bridges or cables. Also you need good footing while on the platforms. I'm not sure how much grip crocs would have.

I wore tevas for both and got along fine. Many people wore the tight water shoes, others wore old tennies (to me they'd be too heavy & squishy when wet) and others wore some type of water sandal. Anything with good treads that can get wet will do.

I wore old sneakers. They were comfortable for hiking thru the rainforest. My daughter had on water shoes and was uncomfortable on the first part of the hike as there were large river rocks to walk on. There is also a part of the trail that crosses the river that you will later tube in. It also has a rocky bottom. I didn't even notice the sneakers on my feet once I was in the water. I was afraid they would feel heavy when they were wet, but they didn't. Once back at the parking lot, I put on sandals and gave my sneakers to a guide who was going to give them to a needy person. He was happy to get them.

I wore old sneakers....<snipped>.........Once back at the parking lot, I put on sandals and gave my sneakers to a guide who was going to give them to a needy person. He was happy to get them.

That is a very, very nice idea!!! Thank you so much. I had been worrying about the hike with water shoes on. They are not really made for that and sounds like a blister waiting to happen. I have plenty of pairs of old sneakers. I'll bring one pair on the trip just for that excursion and not have to take them back to the ship all wet.

Very nice thought. Thanks for the tip!

Brad

People who had the cheap water shoes gave them to the tour guides at the end. They really appreciated it, they said they could rent them out to people who needed water shoes for the trip. If I were doing this again I would go to Walmart for water shoes and plan to give them away at the end.

Archived