transportation cancelled,need help

sisters two

have a cruise 9/22 on triumph out of miami, my sister and i, we booked round trip on cruise connection from st.augustine,fl to miami,as we can't drive to miami, just got notified that cruise connection cancelled pickups from jacksonville,st.augustine and palm coast,fl may have to cancel my cruise if we can't find bus to take us down.anyone else from n.fla affected? what options do we have, any help would be appreciated, have always taken bus to ft.lauderdale, but first time from miami, any ideas,suggestions would be sooo helpful to us. thanks in advance, sissy

have a cruise 9/22 on triumph out of miami, my sister and i, we booked round trip on cruise connection from st.augustine,fl to miami,as we can't drive to miami, just got notified that cruise connection cancelled pickups from jacksonville,st.augustine and palm coast,fl may have to cancel my cruise if we can't find bus to take us down.anyone else from n.fla affected? what options do we have, any help would be appreciated, have always taken bus to ft.lauderdale, but first time from miami, any ideas,suggestions would be sooo helpful to us. thanks in advance, sissy

My Folks live in Flagler county and they took one of the major bus companies I think it was Greyhound bus lines it was about $100 round trip for both total (free companion).They went down the day before.

greyhound may be one option, i do not drive on interstate if i can help it,it is bad enough in st.johns county, just have a phobia about interstate driving and especially what i hear about drivers down that area. but thanks,sissy

can you take the train? how far does it go? orlando? can you then take the tri-rail? is there any other bus line you cld use? i was going to suggest greyhound, like the previous poster.

another option, more costly, but quicker, wld be to fly. SWA has a n/s flight from jacksonville to FLL. time: an hour, 10 from boarding to deplaning, not bad (you'd have to get the CCL transfers from FLL to MIA -- it's a bus ride, not far).

but another airline might have a cheaper flight directly into MIA from JAX. there has to be something you can take. good luck. let us know what you find.

I would check to see if Amtrak is an option for you. My Dad is joining me in Miami for a cruise in November. He can get a one-way ticket from Winter Haven, FL for about $30.00.

Perhaps the train could be an option for you as well - good luck!

American Airlines has the following roundtrip flight for $159.00

JAX > MIA 7:30am - 9:20am 9./22/07

MIA > JAX 3:20pm - 4:40pm 9/29/07

Bill

wow. i think i'd take this option. if she can get to Jax quickly and w/o much expense, this wld be so much easier than sitting on a bus or a train for hours.

Archived