Carnival Celebration August 2007

vafamily5

I am taking my first cruise on Carnival Celebration out of Jacksonville, leaving August 20, 2007. I did this as a surprise to my husband and three teenagers (16, 17, 18). We have a veranda suite (CAT 12). I have heard mixed reviews of this ship since I booked and paid for it. Some great and some not good at all. I am hoping that the bad reviews were from people who are just picky to begin with. I really do not want to disappoint my family since this is out first family vacation in 6 years. The ship is going to Nassau and Key West. I have made my own excursion plans (doing lots of research) to save some money in lieu of booking thru the ship. Any input on this ship and the ports would be greatly appreciated.

I am taking my first cruise on Carnival Celebration out of Jacksonville, leaving August 20, 2007. I did this as a surprise to my husband and three teenagers (16, 17, 18). We have a veranda suite (CAT 12). I have heard mixed reviews of this ship since I booked and paid for it. Some great and some not good at all. I am hoping that the bad reviews were from people who are just picky to begin with. I really do not want to disappoint my family since this is out first family vacation in 6 years. The ship is going to Nassau and Key West. I have made my own excursion plans (doing lots of research) to save some money in lieu of booking thru the ship. Any input on this ship and the ports would be greatly appreciated.

I going again on the Celebration Aug.25 I like the ship. It has a nice warm small town feel to it. I had V007 on my honeymoon on that ship. A nice cabin with its own life boat right outside the balcony. I like the Celebration. The food is good the crew is good. The ship has a very easy layout. The Celebration is the only ship at Jax port. Its very fast to check in and get on the ship. I have never seen the ship not clean. Be sure to be up on deck when the ship leaves and goes under the bridge. AND REMEMBER TO DUCK.

I was on the Celebration this past March, and I can't say enough good things about it. The crew was great, the ship was clean, and I actually think the Celebration's gift ship is bigger and better than the Triumph's.

I totally agree with the previous poster about the Jaxport, also. Check-in was an absolute breeze, and debarkation was not bad, either. Ditto on the sail-a-way, also - going under that bridge is amazing.

Have a great trip!

I was on the Celebration May 19th - we love it - that is our 2nd trip on the Celebration - we like the drive being so short to Jacksonville. It was my 1st trip to Key West - I loved it! We didn't plan any excursions - although I wish that I would have gotten on the trolley in Key West - even one of the women that owned a candy shop told me that it was the best way to see the city. We were on the Empress Deck - last year we were on the upper deck. I would definitely go again!

We went on the Celebration as our first cruise 2 years ago. I knew it was older and wanted to do that so we didn't have any huge expectations for our first cruise. I loved it. Easy to find your way around, the staff was incredibly nice, and we had a great time. Excursions - we didn't book any, we just wandered both Key West and Nassau. I won't wander Nassau on our own again but we are planning on wandering Key West when we go again in August. You'll enjoy the ship!!

We are going on our first cruise to Freeport and Nassau on 7/5/07. I will be happy to share with you our experience on Celebration when we return. Just keep in touch.

sunsets_in_floirda@yahoo.com

Thank you all for the info. Your input has made me feel a whole lot better after reading some of the "not so nice" reviews." I have heard about the bridge in JAXport. Can't wait to see how that works....getting the ship so close to the bridge and all.

Archived