Charley and The Dawn

shoreguy

It going to get bumpy out there tonight and tomorrow. I just watched the Weather Channel and it looks like Charley and the Dawn will be cruising the coast together.

NC tomorrow afternoon. NY Sunday morning. I bet the bonine is out. We will have to see what the bridge cams show in the morning.

I would not be surprised if the ship is very late getting into NY Sunday. Better to slow down and let the storm run away from the ship. I was on the then Dreamward that was 12 hours late into NY because of high seas.

Shoreguy

I just looked at the web cam and it does not seem too bad right now. But as you know things can change real fast.

Marie

I was surprised when I looked this morning as well. Good for everyone onboard and those cruising tomorrow :)

Just back 8/8-8/15 on Dawn . . . a whole bunch of nothin'! A little rocky on last night, no biggie!

Got back to NY an hour EARLY- in our car and driving home ay 10:15 am.

The captain kept us far enough off coast to not be affected . . He turned closer only when he absolutely had to at teh last possible minute.

Archived