Celebrity shore excursions

We are going on the Celebrity Millennium this summer from Venice to Barcelona. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with Celebrity shore excursions. We love Seabourne and Silver Sea shore excursions, have been less impressed with Oceanias. Are we better off doing ROme on our own?

We used http://www.limoinrome.com for Rome, Amalfi Coast and Florence. Having private drivers made this trip. You see lots of rave reviews for this company under the "port" section of these boards. In Santorini and Dubrovnik, you can simply walk off the ship as booked excursions aren't necessary. Plus, this itinerary is so port intensive that you really need some down time to rest and let it all sink in. We used Celebrity's excurisions for Athens and Nice. I'd give them a "B." Overall, we were rather disappointed with Celebrity as we expected it to be a notch above Princess and Royal Caribbean. The evening entertainment was dismal, food is "okay," cabins are average. Our friends felt the same way so it wasn't just us. I don't want to sound negative or put a damper on your cruise but if you've sailed Seabourne and Silver Sea, you'll want to be prepared not be awed. However, people love Celebrity, and it's the cruiseline of choice for many. In fact, I predict you'll get a ton of responses to my posting saying just the opposite. It's always good to know both sides of the story. And, I honestly hope you totally disagree with me and find that "WOW" factor that we somehow missed.

Archived