Air Deviation to Hawaii with NCL-and transfers

judyf

Okay, Need some suggestions.

I'm working on changing my air arrangements with NCL so we can arrive 2 days early on Sat. instead of our sailing day Mon. on the POH.

With the current arrangements I have with NCL we get transfers included, with doing research I do not think we will use them anyway.

This price difference is a LOT over $200 pp and I can book on my own and save over $200 pp for the same direct flights. I'm looking at canceling the NCL air and booking on my own. Has anyone done this? What are the fees involved? Plus it was a promotion with air and cruise so the price of the cruise might go up a lot to not make it worth while. I'm still waiting for my TA to call me back. If I do the deviation do we get to book our flight now and get seat assignments? Any tips?????

Second part of the question is getting from HNL airport to hotel that I will book on my own, we are thinking of renting a car there's 4 adults with 2 bags each and a carry on each, what should we do???? Best way at the best price. We will not be in a hurry but want to have a car while in Oahu.

Same question for after the cruise as our flight is after 10pm? I read about Robert's tours for after a cruise and also read something about an E-Z fly. What to do with all the luggage?

Hoping someone can give me some ideas of what to do.

Thanks in Advance.

Okay, Need some suggestions.

I'm working on changing my air arrangements with NCL so we can arrive 2 days early on Sat. instead of our sailing day Mon. on the POH.

With the current arrangements I have with NCL we get transfers included, with doing research I do not think we will use them anyway.

This price difference is a LOT over $200 pp and I can book on my own and save over $200 pp for the same direct flights. I'm looking at canceling the NCL air and booking on my own. Has anyone done this? What are the fees involved? Plus it was a promotion with air and cruise so the price of the cruise might go up a lot to not make it worth while. I'm still waiting for my TA to call me back. If I do the deviation do we get to book our flight now and get seat assignments? Any tips?????

Second part of the question is getting from HNL airport to hotel that I will book on my own, we are thinking of renting a car there's 4 adults with 2 bags each and a carry on each, what should we do???? Best way at the best price. We will not be in a hurry but want to have a car while in Oahu.

Same question for after the cruise as our flight is after 10pm? I read about Robert's tours for after a cruise and also read something about an E-Z fly. What to do with all the luggage?

Hoping someone can give me some ideas of what to do.

Thanks in Advance.

I can answer some of your questions - there is a nonrefundable $50 air deposit pp. Air cancellation jumps to $200 90 days prior to the cruise.

If you booked as special combo fare my quess you would have to cancel it all and rebook the cabin at the current rate. Only NCL or your TA can anaswer for sure.

If you book air divation no transfers are included. There is a minmum $50 fee. The cancellation of the first air and this fee makes up perhaps 50% of the cost delta.

I too booked a cruise w/ air included, what I had done since I too needed to fly in 2 days prior to sailing was book my hotel through NCL and then I wasn't charged a deviation fee for the air and I still had transfers included to and from airport, hotel, ship etc. As an extra little FYI for you, You can receive flight information 30 days prior to sailing. I got a 9:00 am flight on the way over but the flight back is 10:50pm arriving in the am. I learned of a site called www.seatguru.com if you put in the airline and type of plane it will show you the best seats on that plane. Then when you have your flight information look up your flight and it will show you what seats are available. I changed my seats right away when i saw that the seats we were originally given backed up to the flight attendants and didn't recline. For a flight that long that i need that 3 whole inches of reclining!:p

Kim

Thanks for the link and the info.

I booked with a TA this time. Can I still book the hotel with NCL and aviod the deviation fee?

Looks like I'm better off staying with my original plan as the cruise fare goes up. Just got the info from my TA.

Can we book the flight and get seat assignments ahead if we pay for the deviation? That's the question I have left.

I just confirmed the AD with my TA. We do get to pick our flight and seats it's non-stop from Newark to Honolulu. Nice time leaving only thing available returning is a 10:45 pm flight which is also non-stop. If I were to book on my own these are the flights I would have picked, so I'm happy.

Now time to start searching to book a room for 2 nights.

Thanks for all the help.

Archived