Disney Wonder in Sept

rere30

We are cruising in Sept and was wondering if the ship will be a little less crowded because the kids are back in school.I have heard that the pools can get busy.I'm sure that it will be the same just thought i would ask.

We took the Wonder in Sept (Labor Day week a few years back). Still crowded. Folks take their kids out of school for a special trip like this. Disney Beaches in Castaway Cay we also very crowded. Get to the beach early and stake out your spot.

We have sailed Disney many many times, and it has always been full, didn't matter if it was school break or not. That said the ship never seemed full everyone is so spread out. September is a great rate season especially if your TA adds perks on, your only worry is hurricanes but the ship can sail around them

I think you'll find fewer teenager's in September, and in general fewer school age student's. School's for the most part have just started up again, and it's off to a good start. But by the 3rd, or 4th week of Sept, there will be alot of children 12, and under. That said, the busiest place on the ship during daytime is the children's pool. That means, they are not everywhere else. 5 time Sept/Oct. cruiser on DCL. And the best news is,...... for the most part, these kids are well behaved, busy, and tired by 8:30 pm. 28 cruising days on Disney , and I'll repeat one of my feelings about the children. They just seem to dissapear. Metrowon

• 2 weeks later...

i went over labor day weekend last year, and it was still pretty crowded. not as crowded as when i went this june though. in response to the 'less teenagers comment' there where actully quite a few. [i myself being one hah.]

Hey Birthday Girl. We're on the 9/6 Wonder with you.

I've only cruised in Sept, Oct or Jan. on DCL, but have never felt overrun by children. They do a good job of keeping them busy. The Mickey pool was crowded, but manageable; the Goofy pool was sometimes empty, and other times standing room only.

The adult pool has always been awesomely empty!

We're travelling with two 15 year olds (actually DD will be celebrating her 15th birthday on ship) I expect that with it being just after Labor Day, the numbers of children will be down slightly, but will certainly be enough for all the kids to have fun together in the club/lab. OUr DD always had plenty of children to play with on the prior cruises.

Bking: what ages are your children?

I think the pools are busy no matter which cruise you're on. The kids' pool is not that big. And the adult only pools are never that full...but since this trip is mostly kids...you know where everyone is hanging out. We cruised the Wonder the last week of October last year, and other than the pools, I didn't feel like it was crowded.

I know no one asked me -- but my kids are 2,4, and 6 (actually the two year old turns three aboard) and they'll be at the Kid's Club. They're really looking forward to being there, and I am looking forward to some time with my DH. Hopefully, we'll see you all on board.

• 1 month later...

I'll be on the september 6th cruise on the disney wonder, if anyone wants to meet pm me, loved meeting all the disboard memebers on the last cruise. I want to meet people. And I am 19 by the way, but yeah if you wanna see videos from my double dip cruise on the magic august 2006 http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=marla07860

but anyone going on this cruise still message me :D

Archived