Bermuda Island Tour

maun

Has anyone done the Bermuda Island Tour offered by NCL? Does the tour make many stops allowing time to explore and take pics or do you have to quickly snap pics out the bus window? Would it be better to buy the 3 day bus/ferry pass and explore on your own? Do the busses and ferries run frequently? Has anyone been to St. John's Bay? Do the busses stop there and are there any shops or restaurants nearby? What should not be missed on a visit to Bermuda? I want to make the most of my time while there and appreciate any input from those of you who are familiar with the island. Thanks so much for your help.

~~Maun

Has anyone done the Bermuda Island Tour offered by NCL? Does the tour make many stops allowing time to explore and take pics or do you have to quickly snap pics out the bus window? Would it be better to buy the 3 day bus/ferry pass and explore on your own? Do the busses and ferries run frequently? Has anyone been to St. John's Bay? Do the busses stop there and are there any shops or restaurants nearby? What should not be missed on a visit to Bermuda? I want to make the most of my time while there and appreciate any input from those of you who are familiar with the island. Thanks so much for your help.

~~Maun

The tour through NCL is a great tour if you have never been to Bermuda before. But remember, it is on a schedule so you have limited time in each stop. We prefered the 3 day pass and explored on our own. The busses and ferries run frequently, and you get a schedule when you purchase the pass. With help from a good guide book such as Frommer's and the experienced advice of people on Cruise Critics, you can tailor your own trip to see what is important to you. A good supplement is a taxi tour. Some of the drivers are licensed by the Bermuda Department of Tourism and are very knowledgeable, they fly special flags on the hoods of the taxis. You can search these posts under taxi tours and get a good insight. I am guessing that the "St. John's Bay" you are refering to is John Smith's Bay, which is my favorite beach. It is not crowded, although many people on this site have been frequently discussing it, so I am not sure how long that may be true. LOL The number one bus runs right by it. You might want to read the post about the perfumery, as I describe this beach and related sights. It is a beautiful beach but there are no shops or restaurants nearby, unless you go to Flatts. Most of the shopping is in Hamilton, with some at the dockyard. Restaurants are all over the island, especially in Hamilton and St. George. If NCL is still offering the dinearound program, take advantage of it, as it is a great value. Even though Bermuda is such a small island, is it loaded with things to see and do. You need to make a list of what you want most to see and do. Then read the guide book and ask specific questions in this forum.:) Hope this helps a little bit.

Archived