White Water Rafting Reasonably Close to Anchorage?

TeeBuccs

:) DH and I are doing a NB cruise and then spending 5-6 days on land doing our own thing. We will be spending time in Seward, Homer and Anchorage. I am curious where (if any) can we do some reasonable white water rafting in the area? I have read of a few sites but they sound a little too rigorous (stage V) - hubby has only been once (last summer in Denali and loved it) - not sure I comfortable taking him down strenuous class rapids. Am wondering if there are any 3s or 4s. Anyone familiar? If not, we will just plan on other activities instead - not like there is a shortage!

Thanks!

Check out novalaska.com - We rafted with them a couple of years ago on Lion's Head - it was awesome. Depending on the type of rafting you do - they also do 6 mile creek (which we were going to do, but we were traveling back from Talkeetna to Anchorage and the logistics didn't work out). Nova was very accommodating and their guides were awesome. Check out their web site - most of their trips are close to Anchorage. They can also mail to a pamphlet.

Archived