Some Princess Food Fotos

bobnsandi

We just enjoyed 18 days on the Sapphire Princess. When the chef gave his talk, he said that "you eat with your eyes first". They backed up that idea by having great presentations and platings for all of the sit-down meals. These photos are mostly dessert (who would have guessed???!!!). Anyway, enjoy:

I've been on the Sapphire twice and I never tasted or even heard of the Potato Cheesecake! Was it any good? When I first saw it I thought it was pizza :p

The operative word is potato cheese cake (3 words). They claimed on the menu that it was an "old fashioned English pub specialty". I guess you could call it scalloped potatoes casserole, using nice sharp cheese. The potatoes were done perfectly and there was a lot of good stuff in the layers. It was offered as an appetizer for lunch.

Hope this clarifies things.

Looking at these wonderful food photos while dreaming of my 8.4.07 sb cruise on the Sapphire Princess, I had a sad thought. 60 days from now, I will be getting ready to go to work at 7pm or be at work with my food photos to show off. Vacation will be over and back to the real world.

its called chesse and potato pie,can be mashed potatoes and grated chedder cheese, mixed together and baked in the oven , or it can be sliced potatoes in a cheese sauce , its a type of dish you can change around , i add cooked onoins and use stilton which is a strong cheese

its called chesse and potato pie,can be mashed potatoes and grated chedder cheese, mixed together and baked in the oven , or it can be sliced potatoes in a cheese sauce , its a type of dish you can change around , i add cooked onoins and use stilton which is a strong cheese

We've been in the UK a few times, but I don't remember that dish. I do remember the mashed potato (and ground beef?) dishes at pubs, maybe that is the idea.

Regardless, the ship's work was wonderful.

Yes, there is a bit of a letdown after a cruise (sob!!)

Only solution is another cruise!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived