Which Deck has the best Cat 11 Wrap around balcony?

MrPete

I've only had one wrap around so far but it definitely won't be my last. We were on the Pride- cabin 4228- main deck. The balcony was awesome but there is a big overhang. We watched how the sun was shining on the balcony each day so we could plan our sun time. The next cruise booked is on the Spirit, but on the Verandah deck. This has a small overhang.

Here is a link to a picture someone else posted on webshots of cabin 7347 which is a spirit class ship.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/128390509/128472586zRriRD

Here's the link to our cabin 4228 on the Pride that did have the larger overhang. http://community.webshots.com/photo/146127830/151474187dxqFnT

When I booked the next cruise on the Spirit I also found out that on one deck, the wraparound balcony cabin was a little smaller and did not have the separate bedroom. So, if that's important to you, be sure to ask.

Yes they have the separate bedroom on the Pride. Here are more pics:

http://community.webshots.com/album/146127830RchNhk

On the Spirit, cabin 7298 also has the separate bedroom, so I booked really early to get this cabin and to have lots of time to save money. I would rather have less of an overhang and have more opportunities for the sun. It was nice not having to deal with the noise and the crowd around the pools.

On the Pride, we did have a lot of engine noise and heavy vibration the first and last night. The pursor explained that the waters are rough on the west coast until you get south of Cabo. Once we passed Cabo, there was no engine noise or major vibration. But, the layout of the cabin and the balcony was worth any noise or vibration.

The balcony on the lower deck may be a little wider. But I figure having less of an overhang for more sun is worth going to the cabin on the verandah deck. As long as two deck lounge chairs fit, I'm set.

The balcony on 4228 was huge. We had two deck lounge chairs, 3 regular chairs, a highback chair and a small table. There was room to add at least two more deck lounge chairs if we needed to.

We had a regular aft balcony on the PRIDE on deck 7. TOO much sun/not enough shade for me, and less privacy than I would have expected. Sounds like I'm safe on Deck 4! Can't wait. I also have the adjoining room next to us booked, so we can ALL enjoy a large balcony. HGopefully, that partition swings back as well.

I too booked way in advance to get a "great price"

I have had #4228 on the Pride and Legend and just booked this same cabin for the Miracle. I like deck four the best for several reasons. It is closer to the water and I like that. It also have the most overhang which gives you more privacy and provides shelter from the weather. It rained several times while on the Pride and we were still able to sit outside on the balcony. I did not have any problem at all getting sun when I wanted it.

Archived