Car rental in Orlando-return in Port Canav?

Angela4cruiser

Has anyone who rented through Hertz using Marriott Rewards Certificates had any trouble booking with a pickup at Orlando Airport and choosing to return to the cruiseport of Port Canaveral (Cape Canaveral I think)? I was about to book this today, when Marriott told me I had to return it where I originally would pick up. If I book this, do you think I would be able to change once I pick up the rental car? (for a fee):confused:

99 times out of 100 Florida cars allow you to return a car anywhere in Florida but certain rentals have restrictions....check with hertz to make sure. A free rental through points MAY require such a return but you'll need to check with Hertz to make sure.

We used Thirty. We picked up in MCO (orlando) and return in Cape Canaveral. We rented a PT Cruiser...I think it was about $30 for the day.

Hope that helps

He is using a rewards(free) cert....that Marriott has with Hertz....

• 2 weeks later...
when I checked prices on Thrifty.com, the rate from MCO to Port Canaveral showed a $10 drop fee. No fee from Port Canaveral to MCO though. Anyone else find this to be the case?

The car rental market changes hourly. It is all about getting the customers to move the cars around for them. A $10 drop fee usually means this location has all the cars it needs. Wait a day or two and it will be gone and the rate may be lower because they now need cars.

Archived