QM2 Docking in Brooklyn

MAJ

Having both driven to the terminal and up the Westside and whatever Sid said (12th?) I think I could do it, but like you said, Angela, I don't think I would want to be huffing accross with the amount of luggage I schlep! Not with a New York Taxi driver revving at the red light! <LOL>

Just tought. they will likely try to get QE2 into/out of Manhattan (for old time/history sake) next year. What if they take her out of Manhattan in April, then return the QM2 to Brooklyn? My car will be parked in Manhattan (or wherever we have to catch the QE2) There will be a lot of us on board the B2B. Do you think Cunard will arrange a bus terminal to terminal if that happens?

Karie,

so glad she booked the QE2, in retrospect, even though it meant dropping the cruise with Angela)

Having both driven to the terminal and up the Westside and whatever Sid said (12th?) I think I could do it, but like you said, Angela, I don't think I would want to be huffing accross with the amount of luggage I schlep! Not with a New York Taxi driver revving at the red light! <LOL>

Just tought. they will likely try to get QE2 into/out of Manhattan (for old time/history sake) next year. What if they take her out of Manhattan in April, then return the QM2 to Brooklyn? My car will be parked in Manhattan (or wherever we have to catch the QE2) There will be a lot of us on board the B2B. Do you think Cunard will arrange a bus terminal to terminal if that happens?

Karie,

so glad she booked the QE2, in retrospect, even though it meant dropping the cruise with Angela)

Hi Karie. There will definitely be taxis or a car service, if there's no Cunard coach. A small price to pay.

We're now booked on the last segment of the last WC ever. We will be getting off the day (12th April) you're getting onboard to cross! Which means she'll have fans the whole time until her bitter end.

Does the QE2 have one of those books one can write in? I'd write something there if that was the only way to pass her on to the next group of loving fans....otherwise, we could think up something else that would be our own... :cool:

Hi Karie. There will definitely be taxis or a car service, if there's no Cunard coach. A small price to pay.

We're now booked on the last segment of the last WC ever. We will be getting off the day (12th April) you're getting onboard to cross! Which means she'll have fans the whole time until her bitter end.

Does the QE2 have one of those books one can write in? I'd write something there if that was the only way to pass her on to the next group of loving fans....otherwise, we could think up something else that would be our own... :cool:

Not to my knowledge.

But I will be glad to buy one if someone else doesn't do it first!

We need to do this!

There will be quite a few of us on the B2B. Why, oh why, couldn't you be on this one with us? I want to sail with you- you know, show off my denim formal gown with the tacky rhinestones around the neckline and the denim sequined things (shoes, folks, shoes!) and the hot pink feather boa? Oh, did I mention the plunging neckline and the slit up to there? <G>

Still, I guess we can see each other at the pier- Then too, it's not like it's a long drive for us to get together!

In fact, I still need to get together with MSK--uh, what's her name, who lives near me! (MSK68? Oh heack, I hate screen names!) easy for me to remember Wadadli, mon!

Marc wears his Wadadli Cats t-shirt so much it's wearing out!

Karie,

April can't come soon enough

You can also catch a bus from Red Hook to a subway (or walk a couple of miles to the nearest subway station). It cracks me up that after a luxury cruise people would be willing to lug their luggage from the Hudson piers along a few long (and not yet so great, but not as gritty as it used to be) blocks to get to Manhattan hotels. Hotels are usually not on 12th Avenue, unless you want to stay in an hourly rate dump - after that luxury cruise of yours. :D .

Another possibility that I don't think has been mentioned (for somebody not embarking or disembarking, just wanting to spend a day in Manhattan) is to take the short cab ride to Brooklyn Borough Hall, where there are several subway lines. Not only is this cheaper than a cab to Manhattan, but, more important, it should be much faster, as the tunnel and bridges become very congested at certain times, especially on weekdays. However, as familiar as I am with the subway system, no way I would attempt it with baggage.

I was in transit for a day in April en route from Southampton to Ft. Lauderdale on QE2 and made the mistake of taking Cunard's inexpensive shuttle to mid town. Over 1-1/2 hours from the terminal to mid town!

Anybody know when or if water taxi service from Red Hook will be resumed? It wasn't operating in April.

Another possibility that I don't think has been mentioned (for somebody not embarking or disembarking, just wanting to spend a day in Manhattan) is to take the short cab ride to Brooklyn Borough Hall, where there are several subway lines. Not only is this cheaper than a cab to Manhattan, but, more important, it should be much faster, as the tunnel and bridges become very congested at certain times, especially on weekdays. However, as familiar as I am with the subway system, no way I would attempt it with baggage.

I was in transit for a day in April en route from Southampton to Ft. Lauderdale on QE2 and made the mistake of taking Cunard's inexpensive shuttle to mid town. Over 1-1/2 hours from the terminal to mid town!

Anybody know when or if water taxi service from Red Hook will be resumed? It wasn't operating in April.

It operates only the weekend from Fairway. You get get the schedule at http://www.nywatertaxi.com I believe...

Not to my knowledge.

But I will be glad to buy one if someone else doesn't do it first!

We need to do this!

There will be quite a few of us on the B2B. Why, oh why, couldn't you be on this one with us? I want to sail with you- you know, show off my denim formal gown with the tacky rhinestones around the neckline and the denim sequined things (shoes, folks, shoes!) and the hot pink feather boa? Oh, did I mention the plunging neckline and the slit up to there? <G>

Still, I guess we can see each other at the pier- Then too, it's not like it's a long drive for us to get together!

In fact, I still need to get together with MSK--uh, what's her name, who lives near me! (MSK68? Oh heack, I hate screen names!) easy for me to remember Wadadli, mon!

Marc wears his Wadadli Cats t-shirt so much it's wearing out!

Karie,

April can't come soon enough

We've both always wanted to go thru the Panama Canal and we couldn't think of a better way to do so. We were just planning on taking Lizzie thru there in 2009.:(

So what we will we plan for 2009? Possibly some back to back crossings on good old Mary. Since I won't be going back to Antigua in the near future, I won't be able to sail on a Wadadli Cat, drink a Wadadli beer, or get a Wadadli Cat tshirt. Which means my Titantic Swim Team one will have to do for now. ;)

We've both always wanted to go thru the Panama Canal and we couldn't think of a better way to do so. We were just planning on taking Lizzie thru there in 2009.:(

So what we will we plan for 2009? Possibly some back to back crossings on good old Mary. Since I won't be going back to Antigua in the near future, I won't be able to sail on a Wadadli Cat, drink a Wadadli beer, or get a Wadadli Cat tshirt. Which means my Titantic Swim Team one will have to do for now. ;)

Angela,

If we get to Antigua, (I don't think it is on our Oct 31 Carib) I promise you I will get you A Wadadli Cats T. Of course, I"ll need your snail mail to do that! Hard to send them via email!

Karie,

who could try to fax it if you wish!

Angela,

If we get to Antigua, (I don't think it is on our Oct 31 Carib) I promise you I will get you A Wadadli Cats T. Of course, I"ll need your snail mail to do that! Hard to send them via email!

Karie,

who could try to fax it if you wish!

I think all of us who are going to the Caribbean this autumn/winter are all following the same itinerary, and it doesn't include Antigua. :(

But not to worry! There's zip-lining thru the rain forest in St. Lucia! :)

I think all of us who are going to the Caribbean this autumn/winter are all following the same itinerary, and it doesn't include Antigua. :(

But not to worry! There's zip-lining thru the rain forest in St. Lucia! :)

I think I had a winter coat once with a zip lining! It wasn't as nice as Marc's Wadadli cats T-shirt, though! And I don't hink I'd wear it in St Lucia, even without the zip liing! <G>

Have fun, I want a full report with pictures! I think there's a weight limit on those. But I bet it would be fun!)

Karie,

who also can't do the horseback riding through the surf- they have a weight limit on that too! What did people do 200 years ago when they HAD to depend on horses! I guess they took carts with teams to pull the heavy loads! <G>

• 2 weeks later...

I disembarked yesterday. I opted for a Yellow cab. The fare to JFK was 46.00 and I had to wait approx. 15 min. There were car services available immed. and the fare would have been 70.00.

Archived