Recent Voyager Med Cruisers

I was on Voyager June 2nd through the 9th. Easiest boarding I've ever had. I arrived at 11:00 AM and was on the ship by 11:20 AM. No lines...no hassles. Much easier than when cruising in the US.

Have fun.......we certainly did.

JohnRobert57

Glad to see this thread. We are planning on arriving early too. We've always found it easier here in the US so glad to hear it appears to be the same in Barcelona. Never been on Voyager so it will be nice to have all the extra time to explore.

johnrobert57 - hope you come back. Can you tell me what the dining times are on the 7-nighter? Is it 6:30 & 8:45? I saw some reports from those who did the 3/4 nighters that Voyager started with over there and they were saying 7:00 & 9:30. :eek:

Thanks, bug. I saw that too. The OP confirmed 9 & 9:30 for late and thought it was 6 & 6:30 for early but wasn't sure. Those times seem too early if late is 9 & 9:30. I would think it would be more like 6:30 & 7.

At this point I guess it doesn't really matter because 9 or 9:30 is just WAY too late for us. 7 would be perfect. But if early seating is earlier than that we will just have to eat elsewhere if we don't get back to the ship in time.

Can anyone who has sailed recently out of Barcelona tell me did you get charged VAT on your tips? Also if you had bought shore excursions before leaving the US that were already paid for did they tack on a VAT charge to your bill? RCI customer service tells me they will do this. What if you put cash in the tips how can they possibly put a VAT charge on your bill?? She told me everything will have VAT added, I can see the purchases on board but don't see how they can just apply it to your bill if it has been paid and billed already.

Please anyone with info on these questions I would love to hear from someone who has been recently. Very confusing especially since a friend received different info from RCI customer service! :(

Hi, John and Julie! Hope your trip home was safe and uneventful -- ours wasn't! Uneventful, that is... And, our globe-trotting bag was calmly waiting for us at the Monroe airport.:rolleyes:

We enjoyed meeting you guys -- maybe we'll cruise together again one day.

Best,

Nancy, Eliot and Sarah D

LACRUISER,

We enjoyed meeting you guys too. Your luggage story is one for the ages. Glad it ulitimately found you!!

Our trip home was fine. Worst part about was coming into ATL. The Atlanta is not a very good place to arrive back in the US. We do not present ourselves very well to foreign visitors.

Take care and good luck on the next trip.

Ps: to the previous poster......we had the 9:30 PM seating on Voyager and it was just too late. You're so tired from touring all day and then trying to get ready for the next day that I'd suggest going for the earlier seatings. I think they were at 7:00 and 7:30 PM.

just back from the voyager and can confime it is 6.30 and 7 and 9 and 9.30 for dinner.

had a wonderful time and very jealous of anyone going soon

sorry no idea re vat as we are european citizens

Archived