Where do you find a swimsuit in December?

sierraN

Booking a cruise for December (Eastern Caribbean - Puerto Rico, Bahamas and Grand Turk) has REALLY motivated me to stick to my diet and exercise program. I started spin classes, and although my butt is sore, I love those classes! I've also been running and lifting weights. I've been sticking to my diet and my goal is to lose 40 pounds by December. So what do I do about clothes?! Can you buy shorts and swim suits in December? Should I guess and buy some things now? There are so many great sales but I don't want to buy because I don't know what size to get! What would you do?

Wow...that's a tough one.

Sometimes on the internet, clothing websites will have their off-season clothes on clearance, but the pickings are slim, especially with swimsuits. You should buy a swimsuit now and hang it where you can see it every day....there's no better motivation!!:D

You should be able to generally know what size to get by late summer/early fall. That's when you might be able to score some shorts and swimsuits at great prices. We're sailing next March and I'm waiting for the end-of-summer sales to buy for the cruise.

Good luck! :)

Catalogs, Lands End is a good one for bathing suits. And there's always ebay! Actually I was just talking to someone who has bought several designer brand suits new with the tags on from ebay.

That could have been me! I've bought two beautiful 'longitude' (I love their suits, they're very 'slimming,') suits from someone who's a 'power seller' who sells nothing but swimsuits. I paid less than $20.00 for each suit, and it was during October!

If you are sailing out of a tropical port - Galveston, any of Florida, etc, they will have suits there if you have time to shop once getting to port. Usually lots of surf shops, sometimes sporting goods stores, and department stores usually keep a good stock for the tourists.

I used ebay. I got 4 in 3 different sizes in case one size didnt fit me by the time I cruised. All 4 were about $65 including shipping, maybe less. I would have spent that on one of the suits, all 4 were nice too. I found a good person who had lots of bathing suits so I could have more than one shipped at once.

I'm going to chime in and say that Land's End sells swimsuits all year long in their catalog. I have also bought shorts in December and silk thermies in June from them. Their product has always been high quality. Any seaside town you could sail from will have swim and beach wear shops as well. Great suggestions on this board so far. Rest easy, eat well and have a great cruise.

Just google for Speedo, TYR, Dolphin, or Nike swimsuits. Swimsuits are available year-round at many swim team oriented sites, since swim teams usually don't take breaks.

Me? I usually buy a couple of "grab bag" suits. They're last year's swim team styles (since teams have matching suits). These are name brand suits, meaning they're good quality. The only catch is you have to take what they send you -- no choice of colors or patterns (though you can select what company). But, at something like $34 a suit.......

Also, keep in mind, there are usually cruise depts. at the better department stores that might sell swimsuits during fall and winter as well.

Good luck with the diet and have a great trip!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived