Dawn - Movie Theater

tantine

Sailing on the Dawn this Saturday and CAN'T WAIT!! A quick question...What kinds of movies do they show in the movie theater? (It'll be my first vaca w/out kids and I look forward to non-kids movies!)

Thanks!

Sailing on the Dawn this Saturday and CAN'T WAIT!! A quick question...What kinds of movies do they show in the movie theater? (It'll be my first vaca w/out kids and I look forward to non-kids movies!)

Thanks!

I sailed the Dawn four times.

Only went to the movies once on a very stormy day. There is so much more to do on the Dawn.

If I recall correctly, the movies are current, not current, current releases;).

Keep in mind NCL are family ships. I'm sure they keep the movies on a family level.

Have a great cruise:)

Thanks! I totally plan on enjoying the ship but think I might want a couple of hours to myself if there's something I haven't seen. To me, anything would be a current release. All I've seen lately are cartoons. Thanks for your reply!

Thanks! I totally plan on enjoying the ship but think I might want a couple of hours to myself if there's something I haven't seen. To me, anything would be a current release. All I've seen lately are cartoons. Thanks for your reply!

LOL...I hear you...I remember those day. Been there...done that;)

I think you should go the the spa instead of the movies:)

I KNOW you will enjoy your cruise!

I, too, enjoy taking in a movie - even while on a cruise. The movies are usually movies that were released 3-6 months ago, often movies that are just about to be released on DVD or just released on DVD. They're typically PG or PG-13 movies, occasionally R, but I'm almost certain that they only screen the edited versions of the R movies, much like they do on airlines.

Thanks!

Tantine ~ come join our roll call! Link to it is in my signature. We're having an informal get together for a celebratory drink on Saturday (tomorrow!!!) at 8:00 in the Bimini Bar. And, an official Cruise Critic Meet N Greet Sunday at 4:00 (changed from 5:00) in the Star Bar. Come join us! We have a pretty good crowd!

Happy Sailing!! :D

Hi,

My dh and I went on the dawn Oct. of 2005 and I do know that they play the same movies in the cabin as they do in the rooms.. we watched Notebook in the room and in the theater. If you should go...there is a pub (can't remember the name of it..) you can pick up some popcorn there before you head off into the movies... we were the only ones in the movies and they still played the whole movie...real nice... made it special.... you'll love the dawn I know we did and it was our first cruise...tc good luck and have a great time. Jaup2

Does anyone know if there is a movie theatre on the spirit? My kids loved the one on the door

Once upon a time, yes, but no longer. They took out the Spirit's movie theater when it was in drydock a couple years ago. They now show occasional movies in a conference room. Your cabin tv, however, does show a wide variety of movies around the clock.

Hi,

My dh and I went on the dawn Oct. of 2005 and I do know that they play the same movies in the cabin as they do in the rooms.. we watched Notebook in the room and in the theater. If you should go...there is a pub (can't remember the name of it..) you can pick up some popcorn there before you head off into the movies... we were the only ones in the movies and they still played the whole movie...real nice... made it special.... you'll love the dawn I know we did and it was our first cruise...tc good luck and have a great time. Jaup2

No more popcorn in Pearly Kings Pub on the DAWN......the machine was removed. Rumors that it was either broken, or that the popcorn was too much of a mess around the ship. I'm not sure which is the truth, but I really missed the popcorn.

No more popcorn in Pearly Kings Pub on the DAWN......the machine was removed. Rumors that it was either broken, or that the popcorn was too much of a mess around the ship. I'm not sure which is the truth, but I really missed the popcorn.

We sailed the week after the "popcorn fiasco" on the ship.

The Dawn was FULL of popcorn.

Machine removed.

Again...parents not watching their children:)

We always enjoyed the pop corn on the Dawn, a nice little feature, but the only time anyone in our group ever took it to the theater, there was no seating available for that show. I wish they could address whatever the problem is and return the pop corn machine!!

We also enjoyed fresh popped corn on the Majesty in 2005, though it was served in small brown paper bags in one of the lounges.

This whole popcorn issue makes me smile. When I took a 14 day cruise on a ship without it, I even walked around Ocho Rios trying to find a bag of it in town. Never did. LOVED it on the Dawn, and then, on a more recent cruise, we brought some microwave with us, which our room steward returned, prepared as suggested with four minute cooking time. It was a charred mess. I am truly sorry people messed it up on the Dawn for us popcorn lovers. People really can be pigs.

Archived