NCL Jewel Advice?

Liz

Does anyone have any "solo advice" for NCL - Jewel, in particular? I have not cruised NCL alone - have not been on NCL for quote a while - so I don't know what to expect. I'm no teenager (well, not on paper anyway...) so I don't know if they have a singles welcome-aboard party - would I feel out of place? How about freestyle dining? Any recommendations (positive or negative) about the individual restaurants? Does a solo need reservations or is it easier to get a table on short notice?

Any advice is appreciated - and I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks -

Liz

Does anyone have any "solo advice" for NCL - Jewel, in particular? I have not cruised NCL alone - have not been on NCL for quote a while - so I don't know what to expect. I'm no teenager (well, not on paper anyway...) so I don't know if they have a singles welcome-aboard party - would I feel out of place? How about freestyle dining? Any recommendations (positive or negative) about the individual restaurants? Does a solo need reservations or is it easier to get a table on short notice?

Any advice is appreciated - and I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks -

Liz

I have sailed the Jewell 3 times solo (2 Transatlantic) and love it. They do have a singles welcome aboard patry and on sea days singles get togethers. I think freestyle is great for cruising solo. You do not have to eat alone if you don't want to. In the main restaurants, you have the option to share a table or not. You will still need to get reservations in any of the specialty restaurants.

Have fun,

Wendell

I sailed NCL Jewel after swearing I would never sail with NCL again, it was WONDERFUL!!!!! Solo, I was invited to join groups for dinner, I met them in line for the dining room. There was a singles get together and it was more successful than the previous one, on Norwegian Nightmare. Everything was better than my previous cruise with NCL.

Go and have a great time.

I appreciate your input. I think freestyle will be great, though there is always some "comfort" in sharing the day's experiences with the same people at dinner - I've always been lucky to have super tablemates - well, almost always...!

And I will attend the party - will report back when we return!

Liz

Archived