Caribbean Princess September 2, 2007

Momma Mojito

After checking some sites last night I am wondering if the cruise my husband and I booked happens to be a gay and lesbian cruise. Not that it matters, but I was just wondering.

I've seen Liberty of the Seas advertised (as a gay cruise) for Sept. 1st, but not the CB for 9/2. Regardless, you'll love the CB. We just got off 6 days ago.

After checking some sites last night I am wondering if the cruise my husband and I booked happens to be a gay and lesbian cruise. Not that it matters, but I was just wondering.

I looked up the website it is gayvacationtravel.com if anyone wants to check .

I looked up the website it is gayvacationtravel.com if anyone wants to check .

Just to satisfy my curiousity, I too did some research. Sept. 2nd is indeed the date for the Caribbean Princess, but the gay reservations are limited to 500. How they can possibly do that is beyond me.

Pia

I have to ask this, I'm sorry:o I would never have thought to check out the date of my cruise at gay/lesbian websites. Whatever made you think to do this??? Again I apologize, I couldn't stop laughing long enough to inform my daughter of this being her honeymoon cruise :D Just wondering.........

Jaxsonbrownie, I'm in the Roll call with your daughter and she just informed us that you told her this:) As a straight couple myself I understand why you two were laughing. I have no problems telling my friends that I will be on a Gay and Lesbian Cruise!

Seriously though

I looked it up and it looks like this information is correct. This does not make it gay and lesbian cruise, just means that we will have a possibly large group on board. I sincerely hope this would not be a reason any one would not make this cruise their choice.

Looking forward to the Sunny Caribbean and all the wonderful people we will meet!

HI Jana,

I was just browsing the Princess thread when I came across this. I got a chuckle out of it, as I wondered why the OP would search their cruise on gay websites.This is something I would have never thought to do. I have heard about different "groups" sailing on cruises, and how they sometimes got a little "loud" on the public decks.Could make for an interesting cruise that is for sure!

I sincerely hope you all have the most wonderful time, it looks like you have a great rollcall going! We are going on the CB next April, so I want to hear all about this ship when you all return! Have a great cruise!:) Jaxson

Jaxsonbrownie, I'm in the Roll call with your daughter and she just informed us that you told her this:) As a straight couple myself I understand why you two were laughing. I have no problems telling my friends that I will be on a Gay and Lesbian Cruise!

Seriously though

I looked it up and it looks like this information is correct. This does not make it gay and lesbian cruise, just means that we will have a possibly large group on board. I sincerely hope this would not be a reason any one would not make this cruise their choice.

Looking forward to the Sunny Caribbean and all the wonderful people we will meet!

It was just a laugh we shared, and I was fully aware that it is not an actual gay and lesbian cruise, it just happens there will be a group of gay and lesbians on board, which does not discern me either way.

Cheers to that! :cool:

Ha! I never thought to check on that kind of stuff. I too am booked for September 2 (Hi Janabug and Neverland!). I don't really care and I think it will add some fun to our cruise. I just want to cruise.

hi,

i can understand some concerns after reading http://www.cruisejunkie.com/Crew_Story.html or hearing the story of the "Bear" cruise last Year.They posted videos of it on you tube and if you travel with children you don't want that happen on your cruise.

G&B okay but keep it low like everyone else.

hi,

i can understand some concerns after reading http://www.cruisejunkie.com/Crew_Story.html or hearing the story of the "Bear" cruise last Year.They posted videos of it on you tube and if you travel with children you don't want that happen on your cruise.

G&B okay but keep it low like everyone else.

Thanks for your info. Very interesting article. Hopefully more people will read this and become aware and if these things are happenening on some cruises it will be stopped.:(

Thanks for the info. I thought it was kind of funny last night, but upon further thinking I was a little concerned. I dont want the cruise ship to be cornered off from other pax because of the group gathering. I've heard it being done from other boards, and not necessarily a G&L group, I think it was a corporate group. I just want to be able to have full use of the ship. What do you all think?

After reading that posting, I am slightly concerned. I will hope for the best. Like someone said, "keep it low".

Archived