Cabin #s on Dawn or Star

miami

I'm just guessing............they don't use the number 4 on deck 4?

Was their number 5's on deck 5?

I'm going on the Star for the first time the end of August.

Do you have any pictures?

I'm a little leary about a couple of things.

1) Ocean view with obstructed view. #8088. know anything about it?

2) We are used to reserved dinners at the same time, sitting with the same people. I understand the Freestyle concept. Other than Versaille,

what other restaurants would you suggest? I saw where you reserve seating the day before. Does it really have to be 7-8 am in the morning?

Can you reserve through your TV?

Thank you so much. I'm counting the days.

On both the Dawn and the Star excluding Deck 4, the cabin #s skip the #4. I stayed in 9076 and the cabin next to me was 9072, from 9038 it skips to 9050. Anyone know why?

Simple answer - the Star and Dawn were first ordered for Star Cruises. The number 4 is considered to be unlucky in parts of Asia. Sort of like hotels in the states with no 13th floor.

Thank you, shoreguy. Didn't know that 4 was unlucky in Asia.

bmarci, I do have pictures but have not put any on the web yet. Can't help with the cabin. We stayed on deck 9. We had a group of 11 and were able to make reservations in the Versailles. In the Versailles, you can request to be seated with other people. We also ate at the Endless Summer and Teppanyaki, both very good. Tried to get reservations for Cagney's but it was booked. You will enjoy your cruise. The Star is beautiful!

Simple answer - the Star and Dawn were first ordered for Star Cruises. The number 4 is considered to be unlucky in parts of Asia. Sort of like hotels in the states with no 13th floor.

To add, the Spirit was ordered and sailed for Star Cruises, and it also has the number 4 missing from all cabins, except those on Deck 4.

What's interesting, is the Superstar Aquarius, ex Norwegian Wind, ex Windward, has had its cabins renumbered to avoid the number 4 too, but the Superstar Libra, ex Norwegian Sea, ex Seaward, has not.

Since the Libra sails mostly from India, and the Aquarius will sail mostly from China, it must be a Chinese superstition.

I'm just guessing............they don't use the number 4 on deck 4?

Was their number 5's on deck 5?

I'm going on the Star for the first time the end of August.

Do you have any pictures?

I'm a little leary about a couple of things.

1) Ocean view with obstructed view. #8088. know anything about it?

2) We are used to reserved dinners at the same time, sitting with the same people. I understand the Freestyle concept. Other than Versaille,

what other restaurants would you suggest? I saw where you reserve seating the day before. Does it really have to be 7-8 am in the morning?

Can you reserve through your TV?

Thank you so much. I'm counting the days.

Hi bmacri- I will be on the same ship. You can check out the deck plans at http://www.montrosetravel.com/index.php?nclstar. It may give you an idea.

Archived