Replace Johnny Rockets with In-n-Out burger

Nope to Whataburger. No comparison to In N Out

Nope to Bakers, again, no comparison to In N Out

Fritz - You are so right about why In N Out is so successful. There's 2 within 5/10 minutes from my job, the one out by the airport and the new on on Century in Inglewood. Guess I know where I'm going for lunch today with all this talk and pictures.

The BEST (fast food) burgers east of Arizona are at a place called WHATABURGER! Southerners holla if you hear me!

Its a bust in this town and wont be long till it goes outta business(since Backyard Burger just opened up right down the street).No comparision.........

I like Krystals too,but never go since no one else in my family likes them....I used to get made fun of when I worked and told people I ate there,,,,,,Hey!,I like steamy and squishy..:p

I was wondering if anyone mentioned the bumper stickers that I remember when I lived in LA. The original bumper sticker said "In-N-Out Burger". But some were known to modify it when it was on their car, so that it read "In-N-Out urge" :D

I grew up in Long Beach (Southern CA) and have lived in Idaho for 11 years now. I MISS IN-N-OUT BURGER!!!:(

DisneyBlonde, LOL! I remember those bumper stickers! You'd always see those on the cars in the high school parking lots. This past January my husband & I went on a Monarch cruise (with FitzLA--Hi Tim!:D ) My husband begged Tim to take us to Tommy Burger, so even though I was dying for an In-N-Out burger, I obliged and he won out. I think Tommy's comes in a close second to In-N-Out...

Thanks for the pictures AZMGL - now I am really having In-N-Out withdrawals!!! Good thing I'm going to LA next weekend or I might have to make a road trip:D

DisneyBlonde - I remember those bumper stickers. I think they are why my parents never let us eat there (my parents were easily scandalized about certain things). We all thought it was hilarious after we figured out what it meant:rolleyes: (with no help from the parents of course).

For those who have not seen them, the bumper stickers were red with white letters so it was easy to fill in the "B" and the "R" in BURGER with red marker, leaving URGE white.

They stopped making that type of bumper sticker. Wonder why?? Maybe my parents wrote a letter.......

I just got back from my first trip ever to California and Las Vegas...also it was my first time at IN-N-OUT, amazing. So much better than JR. JRs shakes are great but I don't like the fries. I love how IN-N-OUT makes theirs from scratch, man I would never leave the ship if they traded it for JR!

OMG i love in and out !! i have only been there twice, in vegas, but it is amazing.... can i get those shipped to NY??? :rolleyes: i have a tshirt that i wear and people ask me "where the heck is in and out??" bring it to NY!!

RCCL should def replace johnny rockets... i do like JR but I/O is soooo much better.......lets start a petition~

In-N-Out BURGER REVIEW JUNE 20TH..JUST BACK

home_center.jpg

Stayed up too late last night on the CC boards..till midnight.

I am off work today but got up at 4:45 am with DH who had to work .

I started out pretty sluggish this morning.

Left for follow up doctor appt at 0902am. Appt at 0920.

Arrived at dr office at 0918.

Dr saw me, we spoke about how warm it is going to be in Phx this weekend and I left at 0950 am.

Drove to Macy's to take back a purse arrived at 1000 and left at 1025 am.

Drove to Chevron to get a Pepsi (In-N-Out Burger has Coke)(no flaming please). Walked up to the counter and the young man asked me if that was all I was going to get and I said "Yes". He then said "Have a nice day" and gave me my drink free. What a kind gesture. No name tag and sorry I forgot to get his name.

Arrival at In-N-Out Burger: Drove to the Drive Thru and ordered a Double Double with onions and Fries (well done as suggested here). The bill came to $4.37 cents. Now I usually order a regular cheeseburger but after all this talk and pictures I decided to get the Double Double. Now I usually do not eat in my car but I decided to today since I was alone.

Catlyn was my server. Very sweet looking and just as nice speaking to me. Asked me if I wanted ketchup and of course I accepted (never used though). They have a timer on the wall and I was 2:15. I drove to the parking lot where there were other stores but no one was parked near me.

I started to eat my Double Double. Now I have to admit I had a hard time eating it. It was very large and kept dripping sauce all over the handy cardboard box they give you. OK so I am sitting there minding my own business and all of a sudden 3 motorcycle Chandler police officers come racing toward me and pull in the space next to me and start getting off their bikes. I am thinking to myself "What the hell? I am just sitting here eating my Double Double and well done fries what is so wrong with that?"

I wiped my face off real fast and looked at them and they smiled at me and walked off. My appetite after that scare was not as big and I could not eat very many fries but they definately were better WELL DONE.

As I was cleaning up I thought to myself I am glad I don't eat in my car very often..just too messy. I am really too full now and understand that I am better off with my regular cheeseburger. A Double Double was just too much.

Overall I definately would recommend In-N-Out Burger to anyone. I would suggest eating inside though.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Laura

ROFL Laura! I was giggling here at my desk when I read your "review". Can't wait to meet up with you in February.....of 2009. (Gawd, that's SO far away!!!):( If I can't wait until I meet you guys to get an In-N-Out Burger, I may have to have you or Captain Fitz mail one to me.:p

Hear there is one in Chandler, AZ......Great.....we'll be in Gilbert the first week of August and be able to ck out the In-n-Out burgers.....look forward to it.........

There is one on Stapley Blvd south of the 60 freeway which may be closer depending on what part of Gilbert you will be in.

The one closest to me was on Chandler Blvd east of 101 freeway.

One on Ray Road east of I-10 freeway.

It's gonna be hot in August.

Enjoy your visit and hamburgers.

Laura

ROFL Laura! I was giggling here at my desk when I read your "review". Can't wait to meet up with you in February.....of 2009. (Gawd, that's SO far away!!!):( If I can't wait until I meet you guys to get an In-N-Out Burger, I may have to have you or Captain Fitz mail one to me.:p

Thanks Jane. I know Feb 2009 does seem so far away.

I would love to meet those who can make it in Long Beach in Aug but depends if our long weekend or not since would drive from Az.

Everyone seems so nice on our Roll Call. Can't wait.

Gotta have your In-N-Out burger right off the grill.

Laura

Its a bust in this town and wont be long till it goes outta business(since Backyard Burger just opened up right down the street).No comparision.........

I like Krystals too,but never go since no one else in my family likes them....I used to get made fun of when I worked and told people I ate there,,,,,,Hey!,I like steamy and squishy..:p

I tried the Whataburger in Gainesville once. The food wasn't bad but it took over thirty minutes to get our meal. Not good for a fast food place.

My daughters like Krystal as well but my wife is at best ambivalent. The big joke is when she won't be home for dinner that the rest of us head for Krystal. I have turned quite a few people on to Krystal as well.

Having said that, JR's is pretty good when you are several hundred miles out to sea without a good burger joint in sight!;) I know I might get flamed but Carnival has a pretty good burger, at least they did on the Miracle last April. I do like the atmosphere on board at JR and yes, I even like the dancing and singing.

Hey Cruisingator2...I too have been to Whattaburger in Gainesville...lived there for about 8 years...Did you ever go to Yonah Burger up toward Helen. If not you didn't miss anything!

I am not one to judge a burger joint...I eat the Veggie burgers and I love Johnny Rockets!

I love Whataburger!! Maybe they tried to branch out too much, because here in Texas, they are awesome. We have a Sonic on about every corner, so they're not so special. If I ever get out to California, I'll have to try those In and Out burgers.

I love Whataburger!! Maybe they tried to branch out too much, because here in Texas, they are awesome. We have a Sonic on about every corner, so they're not so special. If I ever get out to California, I'll have to try those In and Out burgers.

About 5 yrs ago my sister and I were in the Dallas area. I had heard good things about Whataburger so decided to do a drive thru after a night out in a very fun western bar/nightclub. Not only was the service bad (the kid couldn't get our order right and it took forever to get our meal and we were the only ones in the drive thru at midnight), but the burger was dry and...lack of a better word...blah. I was so disappointed. I assume its better than we experienced?

I would rather have a good burger over steak anyday. We have a Culver's here and its the best burgers I have ever ate. They are made fresh and are fried when you order...no sitting under heat lights. They are called butter burgers and I'm assuming because they butter and grill the bun. It would take a lot to beat them, best ground beef I have ever tasted. I will be looking for an In & Out next time we travel so I can compare.

About 5 yrs ago my sister and I were in the Dallas area. I had heard good things about Whataburger so decided to do a drive thru after a night out in a very fun western bar/nightclub. Not only was the service bad (the kid couldn't get our order right and it took forever to get our meal and we were the only ones in the drive thru at midnight), but the burger was dry and...lack of a better word...blah. I was so disappointed. I assume its better than we experienced?

MszKitty, that describes the one we have here in Ocala too. Maybe that's just the way the company does it's business:eek: . Also our police dept makes the most calls for problems at the Whataburger - must go hand in hand.

There are several Whataburgers in the Mobile area and I wouldn't eat there if they were handing them out for free. To their credit they have the best smell coming from their stores though. Too bad they don't taste as good as they smell. As for police calls to Whataburger, one of them in Mobile is right across the street from the PD HQ. You can look out of the PD and look right into the front windows of the Whataburger and it still gets held up occasionally. I don't know if the criminals are just plain brazen or the PD is just asleep at the wheel. Checkers is my favorite. :D

We have Whattaburger here, but I've never tried it. Looks like it would be just a typical fast-food burger joint, and I'm not that much into fast food, so I've never really thought to stop there. Cheeburger Cheeburger is the place I go occasionally for a good burger.

I wouldn't mind having a bit of In-n-Out on my cruise, though. ;)

Archived