Galveston Hotels with Cruise parking

We always stay at the San Luis. It is more expensive than others, but is excellent. More hotels say they want two days to keep your car. San Luis never said anything and offers the shuttle back and forth to the ship. To just part for a week in Galveston where they have parking for crusies is $80. Don't know about 5 day.

TIP: Early in the morning, go over and drop all your bags. They will take them. Then when you go to the ship, you are ready to board, no hassles.

The Capt

I like the Quality Inn and Suites, nice, clean, ocean view, free breakfast and free cruise parking. This is much less expensive the the above 2 posts, although I would love to try the above hotels because they typically have very good reviews, but just is not in my price range. Also, you can go to Galveston.com under lodging and it will bring up the hotels which include free cruise parking, which is most of them.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn on the Beach twice. They have free parking and shuttle service to and from the cruise terminal. Rates that time of year should run around $100 per night. Harbour House also has free parking and you can walk to the ship.

I like the Quality Inn and Suites, nice, clean, ocean view, free breakfast and free cruise parking. This is much less expensive the the above 2 posts, although I would love to try the above hotels because they typically have very good reviews, but just is not in my price range. Also, you can go to Galveston.com under lodging and it will bring up the hotels which include free cruise parking, which is most of them.

We stayed here last July. We enjoyed it for the price. We wanted to stay ther this August for our 7 day cruise. However they requiring a 2 day stay. It may be different when you go.

I don't have to stay there since we only live 30 minutes away but I reccommend parking at the cruise lot. It would cost less than most hotel stays, the lot at the cruise terminal is only unlocked during arrival & departure of cruise ships. I always feel safe parking there. You can also get discounted parking if you prepay for it. http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/parking.shtml (I believe that is the site)

Thank you ALL for your recommendations =)

agrigar: We will be traveling in from Oklahoma and prefer to get in a day prior to the cruise; for us it's just far less stressful. We may still choose to park at the terminal for the security, but saving money is always good.

Capt Mano: Thank you, I was not aware that some hotels required two nights stay for the free cruise parking, I will be sure inquire about this prior to making a reservation.

Once angain... Thank you ALL

John

If interested, I went to choicehotels.com and got a better price for Quality Inn and Suites than when I called and there was not a 2 night requirement for my stay. I guess it just depends on who you book with or something, not to doubt the previous poster at all. Previous poster, may want to try again and i wish you luck if still interested..

agrigar:

I just checked the website you provided and found some very good news for us. The Port offers FREE parking for Disabled Vets, so now we can change our search a little.

What we would like to find is the nicest hotel for $100 per night.

Again any suggestions will be greatly appreciated =)

John

I still say the Quality Inn and Suites....very clean, very comfortable, nice view with balcony and good breakfast, heated pool, hot tub, couteous staff and no problems when left car previously whatsoever...Good luck and I hope you enjoy your stay and cruise whereever you go.....Where in Oklahoma are you from? We are from Midwest City close to TAFB..

Thanks again KOOLBEANS, it looks like we will be staying at the Holiday Inn on the Beach. I bid through P.L. and got a decent rate on the rooms.

We are just outside of Tulsa, I moved down here from N.Y. about 4 yrs ago and just love it, although where I lived in N.Y. was far more country than it is here =)

We always stay at the San Luis. It is more expensive than others, but is excellent. More hotels say they want two days to keep your car. San Luis never said anything and offers the shuttle back and forth to the ship. To just part for a week in Galveston where they have parking for crusies is $80. Don't know about 5 day.

TIP: Early in the morning, go over and drop all your bags. They will take them. Then when you go to the ship, you are ready to board, no hassles.

The Capt

How early are you talking?

Archived