Early Dinner Sitting, Late Show aboard the Victory?

Joisey Guy

Would there be any problem going to the late show if we have early (second sitting) dinner?

We're traveling with our two kids (ages 11 and 8) aboard the Victory on its August 28 cruise to Canada. I think our 11-year-old daughter would enjoy seeing the shows, but our 8-year-old son may not have the patience or interest to sit through the shows, and I don't think the communal baby-sitting will be a good option for him.

My wife and I are also traveling with our mothers and the thought has occurred to me that perhaps the grandmas could attend the early show while we hang out with the kids, and then we could take our daughter to the late show while the grandmas look after our son.

Would that work, or does Carnival not allow passengers to switch show times?

Thanks.

JG

Carnival will never know, nor will they care, if you switch or not. It is not as if you have to show a "ticket" or your dining room reservation in order to enter the main show lounge.

[b][color=darkslategray]While "Carnival" may not care, your fellow passengers might. They have this scheduled so it balances out the show lounge seating capacity. [/color][/b]

[b][color=#2f4f4f]I don't think it's right to switch shows. If people started doing this, went to whichever show they wanted to (for their convenience), it would just not work. I would hate to think I can't find a seat because somebody decided they wanted it.....y'know?[/color][/b]

[b][color=#2f4f4f]They schedule early shows for early diners, late shows for late diners for a reason. Just my opinion.:) [/color][/b]

It never occurred to me that anyone would care which show I attended. I generally go to the show that is most convenient. I always have early dining and usually go to the early show. However, if I'm doing something else at the time, I just go to the later show. I may be naive, but I didn't think that was a problem. Never have I found a show too full to find a seat. I don't know who has what dinner seating, nor do I care. If the show was too full, I'd find something else to do.
Have a great cruise

Cotton is correct, in theory. On Carnival, the early show is *intended* for main sitting diners, and the later show for second sitting diners. The reality is, I have *never* seen the later show in "sold out" or "SRO" mode. So go to whichever show is convenient for you.

Some cruiselines force the issue, scheduling the shows during the dining hours. Late seating in the dining room would go to the show *before* dinner (while main seating was eating). Main seating would see the show at its "normal" time, after the meal.

Archived