Florence and Pisa on your own

bella1979

I am trying to get tickets to see Michelangelo's David in Florence on-line and it wants me to put a time we will be at the museum. Has anyone taken this excursion? When are you actually in Florence? Any advice on this? Thanks!

I am trying to get tickets to see Michelangelo's David in Florence on-line and it wants me to put a time we will be at the museum. Has anyone taken this excursion? When are you actually in Florence? Any advice on this? Thanks!

We just returned last week from the Millennium. We did Pisa and Florence on our own, not using the ship's excursion. We took a cab to the Pisa train station, stopping at the Field of Miracles for quick pictures. The cab ride was 75 Euros. We probably could have negotiated a lower fare but figured it wasn't worth it for a few Euros. The train from Pisa to Florence was 13 Euros for two adults and one child. We were in Florence by 10:15 AM. The return train ticket was 15.25 Euros. The cab from the Livorno Centrale train station to the ship was 20 Euros. We found another couple to share the cab ride. It was really easy to do on our own.

Frederick

we used Tuscany by Taxi... he was wonderful ... you need to go to Pauli for the most wonderful food... small little place but great food...in florence

he was on time... drove us right up to the main center of town to walk around...as we shopped we could drop off the bags and he was with the vehi at all time...then he drove us to pisa also .. it was the best day one

of the best on the trip , don't forget the leather .. Omg i got a beautiful jacket,, and lots of little things for gifts cheap.like change purses ..oh and the silk scarfs get deal..... ties for men also wonderful prices

Enjoy

Tonia

Thanks for all the info. We are doing the shore excursion "Florence and Pisa on your own" has anyone done that one and is able to give me a round about time you were in Florence? The private driver sounds good though...we are doing that in Rome and they will get our tickets for everything before hand too. I can't wait to shop!!! I need a new leather jacket!!! ;)

The tour generally leaves at 8:30 and it takes 90 minutes or more to get to the center of town. I would get tickets for 11am. Remember, you can get inside later than the time stamp, but not any earlier. When we did that tour a couple of years ago, we had time stamed tickets for 10:45, and we just made it with only 10 minutes to spare. The bus drops you off near the river and it's about a 10 to 15 minute walk to the Academia

We were in florence 2 years ago on Oceania Regatta and did a florence on your own tour with Oceania. If you have time this Palantine Palace and its Gallery are truely beautiful. The Pitti Pitti Palace is located just across the Ponte Vecchio on the south side of the Arno River.We spent 2hours in the Galleria Pallatina and the Royal appartments (a must see). This gallery is a must for anyone interested in art and visiting Florence, and is a great haven for those sick of the lines at the Uffizzi. The collection is wonderful, maybe the best of Andrea del Sarto in the world, and also some of the most famous Raphaels in Florence, the Palace also boasts the famous Giardini di Boboli, an expansive and beautiful garden behind the palace with great views of the Duomo. Other places that are a must see are The Duomo complex, Giotto's bell tower, the Baptistery with its bronze doors and the Uffizi. Hope this helps as the lines to the Uffizi are very very long!countdown.pl?name=Aussi Cruiser&date=1-6-2008&image=australia&text=Auckland to Sydney&ship=Celebrity Mercury

Archived