Clothing to wear

ddanhour

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ddanhour:

We are cruising to Alaska on the Coral Princess on July 3rd this year.

If somebody will tell me about clothing to bring that time of year and how formal the dress is on board I will appreciate any comments. Thank You.

ddanhour@comcast.net<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the two formal nights are formal - suits or tuxes for men, gowns or cocktail dresses for the ladies or silky pants sets, etc.

The rest of the evenings are dressy casual - what you would wear to eat in a nice restaurant.

If you don't want to get dressed up at all, you can eat in the buffet or order room service.

Bring layers of clothing for outdoors Alaska - on one particular day I wore everything from a tank top to the tank, covered by a long sleeved shirt, with a hoodie and a windbreaker. I love my jeans and was comfortable with them, but many people recommend swishy pants, the waterproof wind pants that "swish" when you walk.

We also brought wool hats, gloves that we wore one day.

swishy pants..... funny...but true...so far that is what I have bought to pack

NCL Sunward 1983

Carnival 1995

Regal 1998

Explorer of the Seas 2001

Infinity May 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I Love it when we're Cruisin together!!

I have figured out the best way to determine what kind of clothes to take to Alaska - check the Weather Channel website before you go. I have been checking Skagway, Ketchikan, and Juneau since I will be going there next month. Have your clothes ready, check the weather the week before, and change things accordingly. They may not always be right, but they will be close enough.

Happy Sailing!!!!

As an aussie going on the SDerenade on 19th September to Alaska, can someone tell me what swishy pants are? Never heard of them!

Are they those parachute material tracksuits?

we were on our cruise from July 12 - 19th.

Woodspines, in my limited experience, as far as nylon windbreakers being waterproof, some are, some aren't, some aren't even water resistant.

Catkem, I think your parachute pants are what I call "swishy" pants. They are waterproof or at least water resistant and definitely wind resistant.

Definitely quick drying, unlike the jeans I prefer icon_frown.gif

thankyou Genessa

We will look at buying some in San Fransisco.

Does anyone know where the docks are in Vancouver? We have a booking at the Sheridan Wall Centre when we arrive about 3 weeks before the cruise, (we are hiring a campervan for 3 weeks) but is this close to the shipping dock or what hotels are close to the shipping docks.

Catkem

We are sailing on the Serenade Sept 5. For your date and mine the ship will dock at Ballantyne and not Canada Place. Following is the link to the cruise ship schedule. From what I've read on this board, there's not many good hotel choices near Ballantyne. We are planning to stay "downtown" and taking a taxi to Ballantyne.

http://www.portvancouver.com/cruise/schedule.html

Until we set sail to Alaska on the Serenade of The Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;09;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Archived