NCL Spirit: Buccanneer's Deck Ampitheather

eki

Hi,

My DH, DS, and I were thinking about cruising on the Spirit in July. We we considering a room near "Buccanneer's Deck Amphitheater" and table tennis. Can anyone tell me what this area is like? (Crowded, noisy?) Is there food there? Is there a doorway between the cabins and the outside area?

Would this be a good or bad choice for us - since we'll be trying to get our little one to take naps in the afternoon?

Thanks so much!!!

The Amphitheatre is three decks, you should be able to find one of them fairly quiet, if the others are noisy.

The bottom, Deck 10, has the pools and Kids Crew areas, the top, Deck 12, has the Raffles Terraces, the middle, Deck 11, has lounge chairs and the table tennis tables.

:) We were on the Spirit for Spring Break a few months ago. You would think that this area would be overrun with kids and their families at that time of year but that was not the case. My husband and I often settled in for a mid afternoon drink there since there is such a beautiful view of the ocean. It was one of the quietest areas of the ship!

You will absolutely love the Spirit! Enjoy.

Yes- there's a door at the end of the hallway- between the last cabins and the outdoor area. One advantage of this area is that you're close to the outside decks. A disadvantage is that more people will be walking by to get outdoors. However, I think those last few cabins would be OK for napping. The Spirit is a great ship, and those aft decks are a great plus for the ship.

The Spirit is a great ship, and those aft decks are a great plus for the ship.

Within just a few years, the Norwegian Spirit will be the only NCL ship with "multiple public" aft decks. The Spirit has just one deck aft with "private" aft facing suites, with aft decks open to everyone. The rest will have three to four decks with "private" aft facing balcony and suite cabins.

On the Spirit, you can sit all day and night aft enjoying the view and the sound from the prop wash, without having to pay for a suite.

We just cruised the Spirit and the aft decks reminded me a lot of the Wind and Dream aft decks. The only thing I thought would be better on the Spirit was if the kids pool was a regular pool. It this were the case, it would be the best place on the ship. There is nothing better than being able to lounge at the very aft of the ship. We did this on the Spirit but it is not as relaxing as it could be due to the kids pool. Also, the decking around the kids pool needs to of a rougher material. We witnessed no less than a dozen kids slip and fall while making their way to the slides. IMHO you just can't beat the Wind and the Dream for their aft decks. Before and after the stretch, they are still two of my favorite ships. It's too bad they have left the NCL fleet.

We just cruised the Spirit and the aft decks reminded me a lot of the Wind and Dream aft decks. The only thing I thought would be better on the Spirit was if the kids pool was a regular pool. It this were the case, it would be the best place on the ship. There is nothing better than being able to lounge at the very aft of the ship. We did this on the Spirit but it is not as relaxing as it could be due to the kids pool. Also, the decking around the kids pool needs to of a rougher material. We witnessed no less than a dozen kids slip and fall while making their way to the slides. IMHO you just can't beat the Wind and the Dream for their aft decks. Before and after the stretch, they are still two of my favorite ships. It's too bad they have left the NCL fleet.

While the Wind may have left for parts East, the Dream is still aroound.

I also like the aft decks being open, the way most cruise ships were arranged years ago. But alas, too many prefer aft facing balcony and suite cabins, and are willing to pay for it. ;)

While the Wind may have left for parts East, the Dream is still aroound.

I also like the aft decks being open, the way most cruise ships were arranged years ago. But alas, too many prefer aft facing balcony and suite cabins, and are willing to pay for it. ;)

Yes the Dream is still around for now, but I'm sure it's not long before it goes the way of the Wind. So I just chalked them up as both being out of the fleet.

Archived