Repositioning cruises - air fare

Hapinowagain2

A lot of times open jaw flights (Flights that arrive in one city and then leave from another) are quite reasonable. Some times only a few dollars more. This is especially true when you are flying to Europe. It seems that the farther away you are from your departure point to your destination the lower the additional charge for an open jaw flight.

It does depend. I just booked the Dawn for a short repo cruise Vancouver to LA. The balcony cabin was only $169, which repo cruises usually have cheaper cabin prices. The cruise is Vancouver to LA. Air was $207 to Vancouver and $39 from LAX. So I think for under $500 a 3 night cruise is a pretty good deal.

I spend a bit of time though researching all the pricing before I book though, which helps.

Be sure to check the low fare arilines... Southwest, America West, Jet BLue. They do not price like other airlines for one-way. I have booked many one ways very reasonable (all under $100) for PHX to left coast departures and returns.

We have a repositioning cruise booked for April 27,2005 on the Coral Princess out of Ft. Lauderdale. Ft Lauderdale to San Francisco 15 day. Will fly to FLL the night before. A total transit of the Canal. Really getting excited.

Delores

I did this cruise this past year at it was great... both ship and itinerary. I could have done without Aruba, but to each their own.

Archived