Luggage Process

FlowerBlossom

We will be boarding at San Juan. Last time we left out of SFO, where we live, we walked onto the port with our bags. A fellow was walking by with a cart and we asked if we were supposed to give him our bags, he said yes. So we lifted our two bags onto the cart. He then said "Since you won't be seeing me again, feel free to give me a little something"; we gave him a few $. Funny thing, he wouldn't even take the bags and put them on the cart, we had to. Then, our bags didn't get to the cabin until the middle of the night [i understand that they had problems with their loading equipment]. Our bags on on rollers, couldn't we just take them with us when we board the cruise? That way, we could get our unpacking over with and move on to the fun part.

If you embark from pier 4 in Old San Juan, you'll check your luggage at the sidewalk. You'll then proceed through a security check where you'll need your boarding pass and passport or other form of photo ID.

There is no reason why your luggage cannot accompany your on board as long as they fit in the xray machine. The machine is the same size as they use at the security checkpoints in airports. If they're too big for that xray machine, I'm pretty sure you'll have no choice but to check them.

Lew

Archived