"Sun Deck" on the TP

joyride

I have read that the TP has a Sun Deck forward on deck 9 with cushioned teak chairs, bar service and heated therapy spa pool. From what I have read, it's $15 per day or $100 per cruise/pp to reserve this and there are only 16 spots.

Has anyone does this? Did you feel it was worth it? It doesn't sound quite like the Sanctuary experience, but the price is the same. Can you tell me if there is shade in this area? I enjoy sunbathing, but for a limited time and my DH needs the shade. This might be a worthwhile expense for one of the sea days...

Your info is correct as of last Nov. There is some shade under the overhang. We used it on the sea day going to Rarotonga and also on the last day in Papeete......that was nice because it allowed us to store our carry-on luggage in the locker and take a shower prior to heading to the airport. We came & went throughout the day....kind of like having a cabin still. You just need to reserve it as soon as you get on board, as the spots fill quick.

Mike

http://web.mac.com/csealove/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html

I have read that the TP has a Sun Deck forward on deck 9 with cushioned teak chairs, bar service and heated therapy spa pool. From what I have read, it's $15 per day or $100 per cruise/pp to reserve this and there are only 16 spots.

Has anyone does this? Did you feel it was worth it? It doesn't sound quite like the Sanctuary experience, but the price is the same. Can you tell me if there is shade in this area? I enjoy sunbathing, but for a limited time and my DH needs the shade. This might be a worthwhile expense for one of the sea days...

Joyce,

I had not heard about this, but it sounds great! I definitely would be interested in reserving spots for the sea days! Sounds like you just have to be quick on board.

Do you guys take the snorkeling vests with you?

Thanks,

Marcia

I definitely might be tempted to reserve this for the sea days - then we won't have to worry about getting up early to grab a spot by the main pool. We wouldn't use it the last day because we are doing a post-cruise stay at the IC on Moorea.

Marcia - I have a snorkel vest, but Rod doesn't. I probably will throw mine in the suitcase. It sounds like the currents in Tahiti may be rough and fast at spots, and I'm not the strongest swimmer in the world. I like using the vest so I can be lazy about exerting myself! :):)

Anyone else have comments on the Sun Deck? Did you use it - was it worth it? How was the bar service up there?

Thanks Joyce,

I've never needed a vest and I've been all over. I think the strongest drift snorkel we've had was in Cozumel and we didn't use vests then. I'm thinking maybe I should go ahead and buy one to have just in case because I don't want to get panicked if the current is difficult to manage.

You hate to be paying for all kinds of things on a ship, but sometimes it's definitely worth the extra money. Hopefully someone will respond with more info. Hope you had a great day.

Marcia

Archived