Discount Deposit Promo like RCCL's?

mdmomof7

Does Carnival run these as well? We've found two Carnival cruises we'd like to book, but the deposit total is steep. We've got an open booking on Princess that we made while on board CB and I saw RCCL's recent discount deposit promo. I'm hoping Carnival runs these too. We want to book for this January and next, 9 in our family so 3 cabins each cruise, but the deposits are a killer - ~$4500 for both cruises. Hope you CCers can give me some hope that I will soon see a discount deposit promo for Carnival too?? :rolleyes:

Does Carnival run these as well? We've found two Carnival cruises we'd like to book, but the deposit total is steep. We've got an open booking on Princess that we made while on board CB and I saw RCCL's recent discount deposit promo. I'm hoping Carnival runs these too. We want to book for this January and next, 9 in our family so 3 cabins each cruise, but the deposits are a killer - ~$4500 for both cruises. Hope you CCers can give me some hope that I will soon see a discount deposit promo for Carnival too?? :rolleyes:

At times you can book CC group cruises that have a low initial deposit, normally $25pp. Never heard of Carnival offering it as a promo.

I checked out the CC cruises and they aren't our week. I don't think it's so easy to be the organizer for one of these or I'd do it myself. Am I wrong? Should I consider being a coordinator of a CC cruise? :eek:

I checked out the CC cruises and they aren't our week. I don't think it's so easy to be the organizer for one of these or I'd do it myself. Am I wrong? Should I consider being a coordinator of a CC cruise? :eek:

I would imagine it is a good deal of work..just wondering, which cruise and dates are you considering?

TA says no group rate, too few cabins, only 3. :cool:

Liberty 1/19 Western 8 nt.

Valor 1/6 Western 7 nt.

Valor 1/13 Eastern 7 nt.

Your TA is either uninformed or lazy. You can start a group with any number of cabins and get the group pricing. If you end up with less than 8 cabins you will not get a TC and if you end up with less than 5 cabins you will not get any additional amenities, however, you get to keep the group pricing.

Keep in mind that the $25.00 per person deposit is usually only good for a short period of time. Eventually you will need to deposit the full amount (probably within 60-90 days of booking the cruise). That would still give you a couple of months to save.

Keep in mind that the $25.00 per person deposit is usually only good for a short period of time. Eventually you will need to deposit the full amount (probably within 60-90 days of booking the cruise). That would still give you a couple of months to save.

Thats why I suggested the CC Group route..they normally give you lots of time for the rest of the deposit. Just looking at the Imagination 08 group, they have until 6/22/07 to make the $25 and 6/08 to make the rest of the deposit.

Archived