Should Carnival have Its Own Private Island?

DKMDE

Should Carnival have Its Own Private Island?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival have Its Own Private Island?

• Yes
    • No

I think it would be nice. When I am at different ports, I like to experience the culture that is offered. I also like to go to the beach. This would be like a "have your cake and eat it too" kinda thing for me. I would be able to experience the culture at the ports AND have my beach day also.

Well, considering they own HAL... you could pretty much say that they DO have a private island in Half Moon Cay :p Since they both use it...

More than one.

They have HMC and "Princess Cay. "

You could almost consider Grand turk private also.

Oh...I forgot Costa Maya.

Oops...and their port in Belize.

Am I missing any......??????????

Well, considering they own HAL... you could pretty much say that they DO have a private island in Half Moon Cay :p Since they both use it...

Do you want to know how those folks over on the HAL board feel about Carnival using the island? Just post the question over there.

This has been brought up before over on that board and the responses were less than nice. :(

Do you want to know how those folks over on the HAL board feel about Carnival using the island? Just post the question over there.

This has been brought up before over on that board and the responses were less than nice. :(

And we can add here how we feel with HAL using the island.....lol :p

My last cruise was on HAL and we went to HMC, I LOVED HMC.

Our next cruise is on Carnival. Read between the lines. :D

More than one.

Yep...I missed one......Catalina Island off the DR used by Costa....;)

LOL, I say "TOUGH" :p When HAL owns Carnival, then perhaps they can decide who goes there, but for now, tough cookies :rolleyes: I think it's hilarious that they think they are "too good" for Carnival cruisers... they certainly don't like to be reminded that Carnival Corp owns their precious cruise line... God forbid we sully the beach :p I could make PLENTY of comments about the HAL demographic using the beach... but I do have some class :p

More than one.

well they did build the pier in grand turk, too.

LOL, I say "TOUGH" :p When HAL owns Carnival, then perhaps they can decide who goes there, but for now, tough cookies :rolleyes: I think it's hilarious that they think they are "too good" for Carnival cruisers... they certainly don't like to be reminded that Carnival Corp owns their precious cruise line... God forbid we sully the beach :p I could make PLENTY of comments about the HAL demographic using the beach... but I do have some class :p

I keep telling you Lucy....."S&SIV - Dutch Treats on the Rotty"...but NO, no one listens to me. :p

Correct me if I'm wrong here but the cruise lines don't actaully "own" islands...they just lease part of it?

I keep telling you Lucy....."S&SIV - Dutch Treats on the Rotty"...but NO, no one listens to me. :p

Correct me if I'm wrong here but the cruise lines don't actaully "own" islands...they just lease part of it?

I think they own HMC and Princess Caye... drug dealers can buy'em, why not a cruise line, hey I am up for Dutch Treats on the Rotty...

I think they own HMC and Princess Caye

... drug dealers can buy'em, why not a cruise line,

hey I am up for Dutch Treats on the Rotty...

Princess Caye is on Eleuthera Island....perhaps they just own a little piece of the island?

Good point.

LOL...It didn't go over well ;)

I would love Carnival to stop at a private island mainly because they need new courses. They should make it at Aruba or near because that is my favorite place out of the 26 cruises I've been on. I don't understand why they stopped going to Aruba, that is beautiful.

Archived