Laundry

ambergj

Good Evening,

My fiance and I are going on our honeymoon on the July 12th sailing out of Venice Italy. We are going to be gone for a total of 3 weeks and wondering if the Millennium has laundry facilities on the ship and if they do you if you happen to know any type of charges that they may have for that service.

Thanks so much!

Amber

Celebrity and Royal Caribbean ships do not have guest self service laundries but they do have laundry, pressing and dry cleaning services for very reasonable fees. I hope yo enjoy your honeymoon and let them do your laundry.

John

There are no coin operated machines to use. You have to send out the laundry and mine took a couple days to come back (this probably isn't what is supposed to happen). I sent out my sons khakis and I think it was $ 5 per pair of pants.

Wash out undies every night in the shower. Same with socks. When in port, you might ask for a laudromat. If you find one- they will wash, dry and iron your things for you for a more reasonable price then on the ship.

I went to one in Interlocken Switzerland and in Rome.

Well, that isn't too bad on pricing. Thanks so much for the information. I'll just have to be very selective. I just want to condense my packing as much as possible and get more outfits out of what I bring rather than brining dozens of outfits.

Thanks for your help!

Sometimes near the end of a voyage they offer a special for everything you can put into a paper bag they supply is $25, but I don't know if this is something offered on your cruise or not.

The bag is for laundry only - not dry cleaning.

Certainly hope they offer that on my Med cruise - we are doing a back to back with the trans and that will enable me to pack for 14 days instead of 28days. It's bad enough that I have to pack for spring/fall type weather and summer weather as we will be in the Med in Nov and cruising to Florida-spending a few days there after the cruise.

We also are on the july 12th venice trip. You must be very busy with your last minute wedding plans. From what I have read you have nothing to worry about. For a reasonable fee theu will take care of you. Anyway don't think about laundry on your honeymoon there will be plenty of time for that when you get home. Elizabeth:(

Anyone who already used the dry cleaning and pressing service for a men's suit ?

We got back from the Millennium a couple of weeks ago and used the dry cleaning and pressing services on board. They did a good job with my suit and tuxedo. We sent a bunch of clothes just for pressing too. We were pleased with the whole service.

Frederick

We got back from the Millennium a couple of weeks ago and used the dry cleaning and pressing services on board. They did a good job with my suit and tuxedo. We sent a bunch of clothes just for pressing too. We were pleased with the whole service.

Frederick

Thanks a lot, Frederick.:)

• 2 weeks later...

That is fabulous to know. :) I am now more worried about the pressing service, but I'm sure that it adds up fast. Grrr. Oh well, I have no choice. I'll just have to keep my items to a minimum that I sent to get pressed.

We just returned from a Baltic cruise. They did have a fill-a-bag special on the 8th day of the cruise and we stuffed our bags full. Nice thing was that I only had TWO loads of laundry to complete after we got home last night!:D

They actually did a better job of pressing everything than I ever do...:rolleyes:

Nancy

My DH has a wonderful black linen blazer, but by the time it spends a couple of hours (or days) in the garment bag, it looks like it was most recently in the rag bag, not the 'cruise clothes' section of the closet.

Now, I just take the blazer and his good shirts (dirty), have them done on the ship, and they're fresh, clean, and pressed a whole lot better than I can manage. It's only about 1$ more than having them done here, and I don't have to worry about how they get packed. And I get out of the trip to the dry cleaner!

Remember the most important rule of packing: lay everything out that you want to take, then remove half the clothes and double the underwear.

We also have the 'cruise bag' where we dump socks, underwear, etc. that are getting old, but have one more wearing left in them. Then we take them on the cruise, and toss! It makes packing to come home much easier. It's also a great excuse for a cruise when the bag gets full!

Have a great trip!

Wendy

Archived