My Long 6/8 Explorer Review

That stuff is awesome, we didnt order any pasta that night, so our waiter offered to bring us a side dish of the two pasta dishes they had ( the mushroom and seafood). I have never tasted anything so delicious as that mushroom pasta dish was. I told my wife that it was the best dish we had that night, even better than the skewer!!..I would like to have the reciepe for that stuff, but probably wouldnt give it out.

Lets see, if facing the window, we were to your right. I am assuming that you are the same person we saw, but it would be very coinsidental that 2 people asked about the mushroom paste..lol... We were a younger couple (late 20's) ..There might have been 1 empty table inbetween us?? Yeah that would be great if you could post the info on that stuff, we are from Eastern PA, so maybe one of our stores here has it.

Thanks for the info on the horseback riding...it sounds like a fun time..

Jeff

He Jeff,

I think I remember you guys. I think you had a plant right behind your table, and yes there was one table in between us! So, I went to like 4 deli's in Bayonne, and haven't found the stuff yet. Since you are probably not familiar with Bayonne, you may not know that there are about 100 Italian deli's in this town, so it may take me a while but I am determined to find this stuff! I think I may go do a google search in a few minutes. Yes, I agree the Mushroom Pasta is AWESOME!

Hi Melanie,

I have no idea what this mushroom paste is, but now I am curious! Did you try Benanti's on 22nd Street? Firoe's in Hoboken is also pretty well known. There are a lot of deli's in Bayonne, but I don't know of that many Italian ones....Good Luck!

Marie

Hi Melanie,

I have no idea what this mushroom paste is, but now I am curious! Did you try Benanti's on 22nd Street? Firoe's in Hoboken is also pretty well known. There are a lot of deli's in Bayonne, but I don't know of that many Italian ones....Good Luck!

Marie

Hi Marie!!

Benanti's is the first place I went...lol. I went to Sernechios(sp), Buon Appetito, and some other place Visuvio's I think. I will find it! ;) The mushroom paste is like a tapenade or tartufo which is what the waitor referred to it as that is spreaded on bread. It is delicious, and my favorite thing about Portofino! I will try the place in Hoboken you have suggested. The waitor guy said a deli on the Main street of downtown bayonne, so I'm assuming he meant broadway, and not sure if he knew what was downtown or uptown, so I'm just checking everywhere! :)

Hi Marie!!

Benanti's is the first place I went...lol. I went to Sernechios(sp), Buon Appetito, and some other place Visuvio's I think. I will find it! ;) The mushroom paste is like a tapenade or tartufo which is what the waitor referred to it as that is spreaded on bread. It is delicious, and my favorite thing about Portofino! I will try the place in Hoboken you have suggested. The waitor guy said a deli on the Main street of downtown bayonne, so I'm assuming he meant broadway, and not sure if he knew what was downtown or uptown, so I'm just checking everywhere! :)

Could this be it? http://store.poshgourmet.com/portabella-tapenades-gv039.html

Hi Sam,

I believe it was only the Champagne cocktails. It had the Bellini, for example on it. It was 49.95, if memory serves me right.

Where do you buy the cocktail card? Is it something new? How many cocktails can you use the card for?

I didn't know it was available anymore.

He Jeff,

I think I remember you guys. I think you had a plant right behind your table, and yes there was one table in between us! So, I went to like 4 deli's in Bayonne, and haven't found the stuff yet. Since you are probably not familiar with Bayonne, you may not know that there are about 100 Italian deli's in this town, so it may take me a while but I am determined to find this stuff! I think I may go do a google search in a few minutes. Yes, I agree the Mushroom Pasta is AWESOME!

Hey, that was us, we had the plant right behind us!...Do you have the name of that stuff handy? We have some italian places that i could check as well if i knew what i was looking for..lol... Good luck with the search and keep us posted!! Let us know what happens

Jeff

Archived