A1 Houston Taxi

rosenc1c

Has anyone here used A1 Houston Taxi? Here is their website.

http://www.a1houstontaxi.com/493703.html

They are quoting $160 Round Trip for cruise transfers (Towncar) from Hobby to Galveston. I can't find any reviews on this board and I can't even find that they are listed on the Better Business bureau website.

I'm leaning towards using Gulf Coast Limo (Towncar) since they have been reviewed so strong on this website, but I'm also struggling with paying nearly 2x as much as this A1 Taxi. Several other people in the group I'm travelling with are using A1. Anyone ever used A1?

• 2 weeks later...

I reserved a Towne Car with A1 becasue of the $80 each way. I could not understand the guy at all so was frustrating although he did answer my emails FAST. Unfortunately, i emailed Gulf Coast and never received an answer so decided to try somewhere else. If anyone has had experiences good or bad I would love to hear about them!

I'm a local and do not use these services but the web site above looks like A-1's flat rates have more to do with picking you up and not with miles driven. The address & location listed on their site looks like their home on the west side of Houston. I don't think someone would list their home address if they were trying to steal your money. The great thing about a Mom & Pop service like this is you can save money. The bad thing is that they schedule someone to pick you up and if that person calls in sick or is unreliable then they are scrambling for someone to do the job.

If they are not requiring you to pay up front you can always take the Super Shuttle (booth in baggage claim at Hobby) or a yellow cab if they don't show. You might even want to check into a one way drop off charge and rental from Enterprise Rental car if you are flying in a day early and want transportation to tour Galveston. Enterprise has a drop close to the terminal and will take you to the ship when you drop the car or van. I am in & out of Hobby on a regular basis and there always seems to be two or three services looking for business during the busy hours. It's about a 40 mile one way trip.

Thanks for the information. I decided to book with Gulf Coast, but several others in our group are going to use A1. Gulf Coast is a lot more money than A1, but I hope I'm making the right decision.

We leave July 22nd on the Conquest.

Thanks for the information. I decided to book with Gulf Coast, but several others in our group are going to use A1. Gulf Coast is a lot more money than A1, but I hope I'm making the right decision.

We leave July 22nd on the Conquest.

Wave when you pass the League City exit on I-45 South about midway between Hobby & Galveston.

Rosenc1c~

We leave on Aug 18th. Is there any chance you can come back and let me know how it goes for those in your group using A1? I would still have time to make other arrangements if need be. Thanks and have a Grand Time!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

rosenc1c-Welcome home and sorry for your pain or post cruise depression I would think you are feeling-I know I will be. did your friends end up using A1 transportation? If not, what did they use instead? If so, how did they like it? any problems? Thanks

We decided to cancel our flight and we just drove from Tulsa.

My friends didn't use A1, but I'm not sure who they used. I know one group of three used a company that I think was Space Coast Limo or something like that. They were pleased, no problems. The other group was much larger, probably 12 people, and I'm not sure who they ended up using, but I think it is a shuttle bus. I know it took them much longer to arrive at the cruise terminal than the group who took Space Coast limo.

If we would have flown we were going to use Gulf Coast, they seemed to be very professional when I called them.

Incidentally, I got some emails from A1 taxi only 6 weeks after I had emailed them asking about their rates. I think I submitted on on-line form, not sure why they even responded after 6 weeks.

Thanks for getting back to me. I guess we will take our chances. I will check out Space coast also. A1 got right back to me when I submitted reservation form. He (Jaime) was quick to call and reply to questions i had. I just had a hard time understanding his accent.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone interested-We used A-1 from Houston to Galveston 8/19 and couldn't have been smoother. The drivers are husband and wife. It was $80 (plus tip) each way for a town car that comfortably held 4 adults. They picked us up at the hotel and took us back to airport on time.

For anyone interested-We used A-1 from Houston to Galveston 8/19 and couldn't have been smoother. The drivers are husband and wife. It was $80 (plus tip) each way for a town car that comfortably held 4 adults. They picked us up at the hotel and took us back to airport on time.

Let me clarify, $80 total for all 4 of you (plus tip of course)?? Wow, that's a deal. Oh wait....is that from Hobby or Bush?

Yes, $80 for the town car (for up to four people) each way from Hobby. A great deal in my opinion.

That is a great deal!!! but would have been an even better deal from Bush. LOL. I found a great airfare to Bush, but when I started pricing transport to Galveston from there I almost choked.:eek: I could go on another cruise for those prices. ;) Well not really, but it seemed that way. Thanks for the info. Have fun!!!!!

Has anyone else had a problem with A-1 Houston taxi service responding to you recently? I have sent them 2 emails (from their website) in the last week requesting a quote. I have read good things about them, but they still have not returned a quote. Someone else said that they couldn't understand the person on the phone, so I really didn't want to call if I don't have to.

I received e-mail from them after I had sent them 2 emails. They asked me to call 713-722-8888 but I haven't called them. I hope this help you.

Thank you for the help. I guess I will have to break down and call them. I am not a phone person, I prefer email. :p They should take that off of their website then.

Because he is out of office all the time, you have to call. I begged to have quote in writing but he did not send he would call me. I am one who likes things in writing to show if there is a problem. So, you can imagine my concerns. but showed up at hotel on time and waiting for us when we got back. On way back, just call his number one hour before you are ready to meet him. Of course, you want to make sure he has you down for a return trip.

The one thing that someone told me here was if they do not show up, there are other options like Super Shuttle that will get you there. You will not be stranded. But, Jaime was on time-even a bit early waiting for us at our hotel. I just could not beat the price for a private car. Have fun!

Archived