9a on Triumph or cat 11 on Valor??

Travelitis

We have an aft wrap (9A) on the Triumph but can get a Cat 11 on the Valor for $300 more (total, not pp). We like both itins, but like the Triumph's a little better, although we love Roatan. We do like an aft wrap, but a suite sounds sweet, too. Our 9A would put us right by stairs that go up one deck to hot tubs (very nice for after dinner), but a Cat 11 would be bigger. If you're considering ship and cabins only, which would you choose and why?

If you look at the siggy, you'll see we just can't decide which cruise to take. lol! If you want to throw the CP into the mix, we can get a mini-suite for the same rate as the Cat 11. Thought I'd try to keep our dilemna simpler, though.:D

We have an aft wrap (9A) on the Triumph but can get a Cat 11 on the Valor for $300 more (total, not pp). We like both itins, but like the Triumph's a little better, although we love Roatan. We do like an aft wrap, but a suite sounds sweet, too. Our 9A would put us right by stairs that go up one deck to hot tubs (very nice for after dinner), but a Cat 11 would be bigger. If you're considering ship and cabins only, which would you choose and why?

If you look at the siggy, you'll see we just can't decide which cruise to take. lol! If you want to throw the CP into the mix, we can get a mini-suite for the same rate as the Cat 11. Thought I'd try to keep our dilemna simpler, though.:D

I would take the 9A. Although the 11 is bigger, having the wrap is something that can't be beat!

Thanks,

Have you done an aft wrap on Carnival? I did one on the Big Z, but that was a cat S http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=2999207&uid=1567910&members=1 and much bigger.

We are balcony people, and we like privacy. I really think that easy access to hot tubs and buffet will make for meals on the balcony and nightime hot tubbing. It's an excellent location. That being said, it's hard to pass up a cat 11 at a great rate, too.

Thanks,

Have you done an aft wrap on Carnival? I did one on the Big Z, but that was a cat S http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=2999207&uid=1567910&members=1 and much bigger.

We are balcony people, and we like privacy. I really think that easy access to hot tubs and buffet will make for meals on the balcony and nightime hot tubbing. It's an excellent location. That being said, it's hard to pass up a cat 11 at a great rate, too.

I will be doing my first 9A on the Freedom in a month. Although I have not been in one yet, everyone I've asked said they prefer the 9A. CCL's 9A's look very similar to your photos. It may not be as deep (enough to have a small table) like HAL but its definately the same sie or larger the other way (wrapping around) Stick with the 9A, you'll like it! Plus, on your next cruise, its much easier to get an 11 vs. a 9A. 9A's are the first to sell. I booked mine for the Freedom 14 months out. By 11 months out, they were all sold out already!

I don't think I would take an 11 over a 9A wrap around balcony, even if the price was cheaper! There isn't that much more room in an 11. I'm not real sure I would even take a free upgrade to a catagory 12.

I suppose I would "settle" for an 11 if I really liked the itinerary better, but I'd grumble about it.

But that's just me!

Well, this is just my opinion since I have never cruised...but if your balcony is going to be anything like the pictures travelitis has...take the 9a. I have never had a want for a tiny itty bitty cramped little balcony but travelitis pictures have now made me want that balcony.

I'm Travelitis, the OP, and my pics, sadly are of HAL's Zuiderdam deluxe verandah suite, cat SA - not a CCI ship. The Square Footage of that cat HAL cabin is 396 sq ft, and the balcony is 132 sq ft. (The wraps might be bigger.) It's a lot bigger than the 9A balcony we have held, but that SA on the Big Z is more than double our fare on the Triumph. We got a real deal on it that year. I'm glad to hear folks reassure me to keep the aft wrap. We're in second guessing mode right now and need someone who can make a decision. Triumph over Valor it is.

Well, this is just my opinion since I have never cruised...but if your balcony is going to be anything like the pictures travelitis has...take the 9a. I have never had a want for a tiny itty bitty cramped little balcony but travelitis pictures have now made me want that balcony.

I think Valor is the better ship...but I agree, those pictures are awesome!

Thanks for sharing, I never even paid attention to the balconys. You can bet I'll be saving some cash for the next cruise to get the 9a.

If you like the itenerary for Triumph...I say the 9a is a no-brainer.

Im so jealous!!!!!!

My husband asked me to post and say how awful 9A's are! That way maybe there will be more for us! LOL!

But seriously, they go fast, so if you are thinking about one, book it when you see it.

I did get lucky on our last cruise. The 9A's were sold out more than a year ahead of time, so I settled for an 11. Then at final payment, one showed up. I grabbed that sucker quick. The TA said the Carnival person never had anyone "down grade" before. That's my kind of down grade!

Archived