Half Moon Cay - Crowded? Hard to find chairs?

scarlet4897

Hi Everyone,

I've searched the forum and my question was partly answered here and there but I thought I'd start a new thread solely on this topic.

I'm on the Triumph 2/9/08 sailing and I was planning on booking the horseback riding for the first ride, 10am, then going to the beach for lunch and to relax.

My concern is that by lunch time, the beach will be crowded and hard to find chairs. Does this seem common? Or do you think that it will be fine? One solution I thought of would be to reserve a clam shell and/or go in with another couple for a cabana. (I know that you have to reserve these things on board and you have to be there right when it opens to get a cabana....why does Carnival stress me out?)

What is everyone's advice?

I think the answer depends on how many ships will be at HMC that day. If it's only your ship, I think you will be fine. You may have to walk a little further down the beach, but there will be chairs. I do believe, in this circumstance, it would be OK if whomever you are traveling with saved you a chair.

You will LOVE the horseback riding - it's amazing!!! You picked a great time to do it too!

Oh did you do the horseback riding at HMC? Did you have a blast? I just couldn't resist! And I've heard that in February the water isn't THAT warm, still swimable of course but not really WARM. So, I figured do something unusual and fun, and do the beach thing afterwards. I've never ridden a horse in the ocean and I've heard the pictures can be amazing with the ship in the background too! (I'm already thinking about the future scrapbook!) Anyway, thanks for the advice. I figured that if I reserve a clam shell as well, that would guarantee two chairs as well! :)

Archived