Sovereign of the Sea Questions

We're doing the 3 day cruise at the end of July & have some questions.

Is the first night casual at dinner because of the luggage being delivered?What night is formal night?

Does anyone know what was being served in the dining room? And has anyone ever had their cabin decorated by Royal for b-day or Bon Voyage, etc?

Thanks!!

Cassandra,

Yes, you are right. The first night is casual since many people don't have luggage yet, especially if you have first seating at 6pm.

Formal night is 2nd night, for obvious reasons. The down side is that you are in port in Nassau. Therefore not everyone shows up for dinner.

Food was pretty good. One night was steak, another night Tiger shrimp was an option. Food was pretty good and I certainly didn't go hungry.

Yes on the Bday thing too. We celebrated Mothers DAy and my DW Bday on our Sovereign cruise in May. You can read my review on cruise critic.

The decorations were ok and the bday cake was good. We ate half of it before we even got to dinner!

The sovereign is one of RCL's oldest ships, and she is no Voyager or Freedom class. BUT, she has her own fun spirit. I have been on her 2 times and will be on her again Sept 7 '07.

Have fun!!:D

not to rob your post but when is formal on 4 day cruise? on sov.

Formal on the four day is the day you are in Nassau, so the second day as well. Makes no sense to me, you are out all day running around and then have to run back to the ship to get all dressed up. Why not do it on the sea day?

Hi Gator,

One more question. We're having the room decorated for the b-day, looks kinda neat on the RCI website. Would they do this on the Friday night or Saturday night?

I filled out the form on the website, but it doesn't really give a date of when you would want this done.

Thanks!!

Archived