TA's brought this on

thomasale

Nobody has said what the cruise line can do as far as rebates. ie; does this mean no $200 discount if you book on board? How about owning RCI stock where you get a discount of up to $250. That's all OK, huh? Michael

What I think will happen is this. All prices would be the same, with no rebating. If ships are not filling, then they will lower the prices to generate more sales. The individual person or agency would be watching for this and then convert to lower rate. That is ok with cruiselines. If you for instance are paying 1000.00 per person on XYZ cruise and you book it either yourself or with an agency and the price drops, you can convert to the lower rate, and that would be within their guidelines because that lower price would be appearing on their own website. I think from this point forward, we will need to monitor prices all the time and call the cruiseline or the travel agent when you see the price has dropped. Many, many travel agents don't want to waste their time doing this, so it is up to us to monitor. I think that is really the only way to win at this.

Archived