7nt Sun or 5nt Jewel

Dancyalien

I am going through cruise withdrawal. I need to book a cruise, but I don't have much money. I am considering the 7nt Sun from Miami or the 5nt Jewel from Miami. Both are just about the same price.

Here are the itineraries......

Cruise line: Norwegian Ship name: Norwegian SunShip rating: cruisestar4plus.gif2_8_NCLLOGO_CP1_f.GIF

Ports of call: Miami, Florida; Roatan, Honduras; Belize City, Belize; Riviera Maya, Mexico; Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas; Miami, Florida 2007 departures: November 3, 10, 17, 24

Cruise line: Norwegian Ship name: Norwegian JewelShip rating: cruisestar4plus.gif2_8_NCLLOGO_CP1_f.GIF

Ports of call: Miami, Florida; Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Cayman Islands; Miami, Florida 2007 departures: November 4, 18

The sun seems to have a better itinerary, but the jewel is a newer ship. I have have been to Cozumel and George Town before, but my BF has not.

HELP!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK???

That's easy for me. Two more days:D than the Jewel, I say take the Sun. You have been to George town and Cozumel, and you get two more days and an extra stop for the same price. I've been on a 5 day cruise and just really missed those two extra days. Just my opinion though.

Hi Jennifer, go for the Sun. It is a great ship. I have been on it twice and would go on it again. First time i had a BB Balcony, second time hac an AC Suite. The Balcony was nice and the Suite was awesome. The Sun has some great restaurants and very good choices for entertainment. I would deffinatly go for the Sun

minimom:) :) :)

The Sun isn't that much older. I would go for the Sun. Two extra days for the same price is two more days away from home. Plus its been my experience that older ships are just as much fun as newer ships. A ship doesn't make a great cruise, you do!!

We were also comparing the Sun 7 day and the Jewel 5 day for next spring. DH and I have been on both ships. Our kids have been on the Jewel. We asked the DDs which cruise they would prefer and I even told them that I thought that the Jewel may have more college spring breakers aboard. (our kids our 17 and 20). All four of us agreed that we would rather have the two extra days and go for the Sun!

I went through the same thing... I also asked the good people here at CC and they all agreed to go with the Sun, so, I did. I booked for my wife, myself and 21 yo daughter in a BB balcony and also my son and his wife in a BB balcony. I guess it might be tight in my room, but the two extra days on the cruise for Thanksgiving week seemed mighty nice. I'm a senior and I could have had a discount for a mini suite on the Jewel, but I opted for the extra time.. Hope I made the right choice. Never been on an NCL cruise..

I would go for the Sun as well. Considered going on it in December myself, but they change one of the ports to Cozumel instead and have already been there a few times. Going on the Dawn instead on the 16th. ;)

Archived