Regent 7 Seas vs Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, etc.

LisaH

We have some friends who want to cruise Alaska next summer and their TA is recommending Regent Cruise Line. She has also recommended that they cruise in May when it is buy one get one free. We have never cruised on Regent so I cannot compare. Have any of you out there cruised Regent and if so, how does it compare to Princess and some of the other moderately priced lines?

Also, cruising in May I know it can be cooler, less wildlife but they do not seem to care about this.

Thanks for any input and opinions.

We have some friends who want to cruise Alaska next summer and their TA is recommending Regent Cruise Line. She has also recommended that they cruise in May when it is buy one get one free. We have never cruised on Regent so I cannot compare. Have any of you out there cruised Regent and if so, how does it compare to Princess and some of the other moderately priced lines?

Also, cruising in May I know it can be cooler, less wildlife but they do not seem to care about this.

Thanks for any input and opinions.

I can tell you this, Regent is going to cost more than Princess. It is considered a luxory line.

We have cruised on Regent three times( Tahiti, Panama Canal and Caribbean) and each time it was absolutely wonderful. The service is suburb and food excellent. As was mention Regent is a luxury cruise line so this is not an apple to apple comparison. They have fewer ship than Princess therefore less itineraries, cost is much higher and because their ships are much smaller than most of Princess there is less to do onboard. We decided to try Princess and were extremely pleased with the product and feel Princess is an excellent value for your dollar. Sailing Princess, 6 cruises and 2 others already booked, allows us to sail more frequently than if we had continued with Regent.

Hope this helps!

We have cruised on Regent three times( Tahiti, Panama Canal and Caribbean) and each time it was absolutely wonderful. The service is suburb and food excellent. As was mention Regent is a luxury cruise line so this is not an apple to apple comparison. They have fewer ship than Princess therefore less itineraries, cost is much higher and because their ships are much smaller than most of Princess there is less to do onboard. We decided to try Princess and were extremely pleased with the product and feel Princess is an excellent value for your dollar. Sailing Princess, 6 cruises and 2 others already booked, allows us to sail more frequently than if we had continued with Regent.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, it does. I will forward her the info.

I can't make any comparison with Regent Seven Seas because I can't afford 'em! :(

Apparently they are offering a Buy One Get One Free for May cruising - otherwise I don't think they would consider it either.

We shall see.

Archived