Sapphire Princess Caribe 616

clarencebyer

Just returned from our Alaskan cruise and had this cabin (Sapphire C616). Thought I would post in case anyone is wanting to know about the location. We thought it was a perfect cabin! We loved the balcony. It is 1/2 covered and 1/2 opened. That gave us the best of both worlds. There were 2 regular deck chairs and 2 that had backs that would recline. There was also a decent size little table. And still there was enough room to clear the door between balconies. We traveled with 2 relatives and had the door between opened for us. Although I didn't see the balconies on the Aloha or Baja decks, I feel sure the ones on the Caribe deck were bigger. They appeared to be every bit as large as the completely open balconies in the mini-suites that we could look over on the Dophin deck below us.

We had the convenience of being near the laundry room, but honestly never heard any noise at all from it, which I had been leary of. Even though I knew it was there, it was several days before I even spotted the location! We were mid way between the middle of the ship and the aft, so it was convenient for those quick runs up to the buffet also. Just let me know if you have any other specific questions about this room and I will try to help.

Just to make it clear. We were on the Caribe deck which is deck 10. The room number was C616. It was possible for the people above us to see the front 1/2 of our balcony if we were standing by the railing, but the 1/2 closest to the our room was private. I loved having the option of open balcony for the sun or private if it was rainy or drizzling. But you are right, it was easy to get to anywhere on the ship from that deck.... or most decks for that matter. Easy ship to navigate!

We ALWAYS book the Caribe deck because the balcony is much larger than the rest of the ship.....you cannot go wrong with your choice!! 1/2 is open and the other 1/2 is covered....you have the best of both worlds!!

Archived