Child bed rails on Miracle?

theo

Does anyone know if we will be able to request a child bed rail (I think that is the proper name) for our 2.5 year old while on the Miracle on 9/12/04? If they don't have them, I want to bring ours.

Thanks,

Tim

We were on the Miracle in April with our two kids who slept in the upper bunks. The upper bunks had side rails that the room steward (Adrian - EXCELLENT!) would put on every night for the kids. Our 3 year old did just fine in the upper bunk (and thought it was way cool!). Enjoy!

We just got off the Miracle yesterday. 4 person inside cabin. The 2 uppers in our cabin also had the bed rails, and there was also a set tucked under each of the bottom beds. The upper rails were put in nightly by the steward and our kids are 17 and 20. Sure it's common practice on all upper bunk use.

Have a great trip, she's a beauty.

AlPrzy

As the others have stated, the upper bunks do have a rail. When Benjamin was 2 1/2, I wasn't comfortable with him sleeping up that high (the bottom of the bunk is about eye level for an adult) because he tends to flop all over the place as he sleeps. He will actually sit upright and then flop over in the opposite direction while sleeping, so I was also concerned that he may bash his head on the metal bed rail on the bunkl. We had the cabin steward make up the sofa for him. I brought our Safety 1st bed rail from home (collapsed, it fit well inside our large suitcase), and it worked great. Here's a photo of the bed after it was finished...http://community.webshots.com/photo/40178058/40722286hhPXdy

Archived