Which Bora Bora Hotel for Pre/Post Cruise

macbest

This will be our fourth trip to Tahiti and the one area that we have always enjoyed the most on each trip is Bora Bora. We really like spending time in the water, snorkeling, just hanging out and we have yet to find a place as magical as this.

So for our next cruise on the PG next summer, we are planning on doing a 4 day pre cruise to Bora Bora. There are so many great properties, it is really hard to decide which is the best from the literature. Best way I thought of is by asking all of you and to get your feedback. This should be helpful to many.

The Paul Gauguin has a "private" beach next to the Bora Bora Pearl resort which is great for hanging out in the water, but a little less so for snorkeling. What we are looking for is staying in an overwater bungalow, air conditioning, great snorkeling nearby, and shallow waters nearby to hang out in the water. Ideally, the property will either have multiple dining options or be close to other resorts in order to take advantage of some variety in dining.

I would appreciate your experiences especially at the newer properties that have just been built also.

Hi Wayne,

We leave in 2 weeks time and having three nights in Bora Bora pre cruise. We have booked the Pearl resort in Bora Bora. I will post a report on trip advisor when I return so stay tuned.

Jane;)

Hi Wayne,

We leave in 2 weeks time and having three nights in Bora Bora pre cruise. We have booked the Pearl resort in Bora Bora. I will post a report on trip advisor when I return so stay tuned.

Jane;)

Great Jane, I look forward to your report. The Pearl was in my top picks. The Sofitel Motu (not beach) resort also looked interesting. Would be interested to hear about dining, snorkeling etc. right at the property (or for dining, where else is there to go?)

Have a great trip.

Archived