Carnival PVP on Deal or No Deal

bonniemari

I got an email from my PVP telling me about one of his fellow PVP's being on Deal or No Deal last week. I think the guy was originally from Dom. Rep.or maybe San Saladore and took the deal where DND was going to build a rec center for the kids in his home country instead of going for the money.

Thought I had put the email in my saved folder but apprarently I deleted it. Sorry I missed it and was wondering if anyone saw it. I usually am a faithful DND watcher but was out of town and missed this show. Hopefully they will rerun it sometime in the future.

I got an email from my PVP telling me about one of his fellow PVP's being on Deal or No Deal last week. I think the guy was originally from Dom. Rep.or maybe San Saladore and took the deal where DND was going to build a rec center for the kids in his home country instead of going for the money.

Thought I had put the email in my saved folder but apprarently I deleted it. Sorry I missed it and was wondering if anyone saw it. I usually am a faithful DND watcher but was out of town and missed this show. Hopefully they will rerun it sometime in the future.

he is from Trinidad. i will look at see if i have the email.

Here is a link

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161162685

Here is the email:

Dear Guest,

I want to tell you about my friend and fellow Personal Vacation Planner who was a contestant on the NBC show Deal or No Deal this week. You may have seen Arthur Joseph on the show Wednesday when he was faced with a life altering decision whether to pursue a million dollars or take an offer of a lifetime.

His goal on the show was to buy his mother a house with the winnings. Arthur chose to give up the chance to win the $1,000,000 and to help the lives of many. The deal Arthur accepted includes Miami Heat memorabilia, a small amount of money, and the the most important prize - the refurbishment of a basketball facility, dedicated in his honor, in his native country of Trinidad . The basketball facility will not only benefit thousands of children but also will provide the Trinidad Olympic team a state of the art facility to train in for the 2008 Olympics.

Arthur states that when confronted with tough decisions you must think of the greater good. When asked about his decision to take the deal being offered on the show, Arthur replied, ?It?s not about the money, there are things that are bigger than yourself?. His philosophy has always been: ?the needs of many outweigh the needs of a few?.

I have attached the front page of the Trinidad newspaper showing his excitement. We are all proud of Arthur at Carnival. Arthur said it was an amazing experience and wants to thank everyone for their support.

Thanks Matagari & luvs2---what a neat story. He must be a really nice and unselfish person to give up the money he could of won for the good of his country. I will have to remember to give a little cheer for the Trinidad basketball team at the next Olympics.

Archived